Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO failure (Read 3191 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO failure

I have been trying without success to get MAREO to run on my system.  I am running EAC v0.95 prebeta 5 on Windows XP SP2.  I have configured MAREO according to the instructions on the MAREO website to compress audio ripped with EAC to MP3 and FLAC using Lame v3.93 and FLAC v1.1.1.  But every time I try to run it from EAC I get a Windows Exception error message and MAREO fails to run.  I can run MAREO from the command line without a problem.  I just can't run it from EAC.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Taylor

MAREO failure

Reply #1
Could u post the specific error message(s) u got?
And maybe the contents of mareo.ini file too.
(just the part where u changed the default settings; u can omit the rest)

MAREO failure

Reply #2
... every time I try to run it from EAC I get a Windows Exception error message and MAREO fails to run.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246188"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think I may have found at least a partial answer to my own question.  I discovered that if I set the "Do not open external compressor window" option in EAC, MAREO won't run.  If I disable this option and allow the external compressor window to open, then MAREO runs fine.  This is a minor inconvenience, since these windows pop open temporarily every time a new file is fed to MAREO.  But at least I can get MAREO to run.  Any way to get MAREO to work with the external compressor windows hidden in EAC?

Taylor

MAREO failure

Reply #3
No...I don't think so.
If it's really an inconvenience to you then don't use MAREO. =)

Maybe kwanbis knows more about this...

MAREO failure

Reply #4
If it's really an inconvenience to you then don't use MAREO. =)

Like I said, it's a minor inconvenience.  Certainly not enough to cause me not to use MAREO.  I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to figure out the problem.  I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but there probably ought to be something in the setup instructions for using MAREO with EAC telling people to disable this EAC option.

Taylor

MAREO failure

Reply #5
Hey-hey-hey, don't get too sensitive.
I was only joking...sheesh...

About that restrictions on MAREO...I think it's being discussed on a thread about MAREO on the Validated News forum.
I think it's this one.

MAREO failure

Reply #6
I was only joking

I know.  Sorry if my message sounded defensive.  Didn't mean it that way.

I am really only annoyed at myself.  I haven't been able to use MAREO for months because it never occured to me until now to try turning off that one option in EAC.    Oh well, it works like a charm now.   

About that restrictions on MAREO...I think it's being discussed ...

Thanks for pointing out this thread.  I see now that someone else (aguacaliente) has reported the same issue.

Thanks again.

Taylor