Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multivalue tag - help needed (Read 541 times) previous topic - next topic

Multivalue tag - help needed

I have a tag that has multiple values stored: DE, W. Germany, AT, FR, UK, US
Release country=RELEASECOUNTRY

X

According to the documentation $meta(name,n), I would like to display the indicated value but it does not work. My goal is to display the W. Germany value but nothing is displayed. I don't know why it doesn't work  :(

Code: [Select]
$meta(RELEASECOUNTRY,1)

Re: Multivalue tag - help needed

Reply #1
Try separating the values with a semicolon and not a comma, i.e. DE; W. Germany; etc.

Reply #2
Your code looks fine to me, so if it doesn't work :
Are the values separated by semicolons, when you look in the properties?
Is the tag really a multi-value tag? In my experience, this doesn't show up well in foobar: foobar can show semicolons and it can still be a single value. This is better seen in Mp3tag, for example: Mp3tag displays \\ as a separator when there are multiple values. You can also make a column in foobar with this pattern: $meta_sep(name,sep) , for example $meta_sep(releasecountry, \\ ). If the values are not separated by a ' \\ ', it's not a multi-value tag.

In foobar, in the properties, you can right-click on the tag > Split values... Check that your separator is in the list, and it will then be a multi-value tag.
In Mp3tag, there's a 'Split field by separator' action.

There's also a "Multivalue fields" setting in foobar's advanced preferences. If you modify the values in another way (and want this to be a multi-value tag), you should add this tag to that setting. In this case, the values will be separated by semicolons on saving.

If that doesn't help... I don't know if this is allowed on the forum, but it would be easier to say if you shared a file.

Reply #3
@Major_Tom, @Terence  Thanks for yours suggestions. I thought that if I enter the ";" separator manually it would be enough but unfortunately not. Splitting via Properties -> right-click on the tag -> Split values, helped :)

Reply #4
It should work (entering ; as a separator), but only if you add RELEASECOUNTRY to the list of "Multivalue fields", found in
Preferences > Advanced: Display / Properties dialog / Multivalue fields.

Reply #5
@ojdo Of course, works, the order of operations matters. I also found an explanation written by @Case here  :)

Reply #6
In foobar, in the properties, you can right-click on the tag > Split values... Check that your separator is in the list, and it will then be a multi-value tag.
This was the solution I needed, thank you!