Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 2.0 Development (Read 63524 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #100
mmm ... the only solution would be to change the order from

IniFile @finalnameonly@ @source@ @dest@ @artist@ @cdname@ @songname@ @track@ @year@ @genre@ @11@ .. @nn@

to

IniFile @finalnameonly@ @source@ @dest@ @artist@ @cdname@ @songname@ @track@ @genre@ @year@ @11@ .. @nn@

but the same would happen if you don't pass the genre ... so the question is ... what is more common? have the year, or have the genre?

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #101
Personally I don't care about genres.  I don't write a genre tag to my files anyway.  But I presume you are talking about a change that would affect everybody.  In that case I would say it's best to leave it as it is.

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #102
ok ... looks ready to go then ... i would only like somebody confirm it works with

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; iTunes MP4 (+ iTunesEncode: http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode.zip)
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; EXT = m4a
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = iTunesEncode.exe
; Usage: iTunesEncode.exe [options] -i <input.wav> [-o <output.ext>]
; PARAMETERS = -a "@artist@" -l "@cdname@" -n @track@ -t "@songname@" -y @year@ -g "@genre@" -c "iTunesEncode + MAREO" -i @source@ -o @dest@

; QuickTime MP4 (+ Qutibacoas: http://avtools.efenstor.net/qutibacoas.htm)
; EXT = mp4
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = qutibacoas.exe
; "PATH TO QUICKTIME" usually is "C:\Program Files\QuickTime"
; PARAMETERS = "PATH TO QUICKTIME\QuickTimePlayer.exe" "@source@" "@dest@"

; AAC VBR (Nero AAC+NAACEnc - Requires Nero Burning Rom to be installed)
; EXT = mp4
; PATH = NONE
; ENCODER = NAACEnc.exe
; PARAMETERS = -normal "@source@" "@dest@"

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #103
I just downloaded iTunesEncode and tried that one.  It failed - here's from the log:

EXECUTING: iTunesEncode.exe -a "Oasis" -l "Songbird" -n 1 -t "Songbird" -y 2003 -g "Rock" -c "iTunesEncode + MAREO" -i D:\My Music\Oasis\Songbird\Otmp58-!).wav -o D:\My Music\Oasis\Songbird\Otmp58-!).m4a ... *ERROR*!

Putting quotes around @source@ and @dest@ solves this problem.  After doing this, from what I can see the encoded file looks to be correct: it plays fine in foobar2000 and the tags all show up correctly.

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #104
thnks for the info ... that was the only on the INI without quotes  ... fixed ... two left to go ...

i have here a gmail invitee to give ... do you want ti?

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #105
thnks for the info ... that was the only on the INI without quotes  ... fixed ... two left to go ...

I've downloaded Qutibacoas and tried that but it just hangs.  But I can't get it working direct from the command line either.  The Qutibacoas webpage says I need QuickTime Pro to run it, so I guess that's the problem.  Unfortunately I don't have Nero Burning Rom either.

That would be great.  Thanks.  My email is phwip-at-fish co.uk

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #106

I've downloaded Qutibacoas and tried that but it just hangs.  But I can't get it working direct from the command line either.  The Qutibacoas webpage says I need QuickTime Pro to run it, so I guess that's the problem.  Unfortunately I don't have Nero Burning Rom either.

that is probably the problem ... i would download nero trial ... and see

That would be great.  Thanks.  My email is phwip-at-fish co.uk
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

check your inbox ... thnks for your time/help ...

Synthetic Soul ... do you want yours?

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #107
Qutibacoas and NAACEnc worked fine with me.

I'm still having problems with iTunesEncode though, even after surrounding @source@ and @dest@ with quotes.

I get an Application Error appear.  I can only assume it's something wrong with my setup though if phwip's worked.

Update: I suppose it would be more successful if I had iTunes installed... 

INI SETTINGS:

Code: [Select]
; iTunes MP4 (+ iTunesEncode: http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode.zip)
EXT = m4a
PATH = @tmppathonly@\iTunesEncode\
ENCODER = iTunesEncode.exe
PARAMETERS = -a "@artist@" -l "@cdname@" -n @track@ -t "@songname@" -y @year@ -g "@genre@" -c "iTunesEncode + MAREO" -i "@source@" -o "@dest@"

; QuickTime MP4 (+ Qutibacoas: http://avtools.efenstor.net/qutibacoas.htm)
EXT = mp4
PATH = @tmppathonly@\Qutibacoas\
ENCODER = qutibacoas.exe
PARAMETERS = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe" "@source@" "@dest@"

; AAC VBR (Nero AAC+NAACEnc - Requires Nero Burning Rom to be installed)
EXT = mp4
PATH = @tmppathonly@\NAACEnc\
ENCODER = NAACEnc.exe
PARAMETERS = -normal "@source@" "@dest@"

SHELL OUTPUT:

Code: [Select]
MAREO - (M.)ultiple (A.)pplications (R.)unner for (E.)AC and (O.)thers.
Developed with Borland Delphi (info at: http://www.borland.com/delphi).
Version 2RC3 - Copyright 2003-2004 by Kwanbis - Released Under the GPL.

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\DOS\mareo.exe" mareo.ini "11 - Leif Erikson.wav" "F:\Interpol\Turn On The Br
ight Lights\1tmp557)4.wav" "F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.mpa"
"Interpol" "Turn On The Bright Lights" "Leif Erikson" "11" "2002" "Indie"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIfileName  (%1) = mareo.ini
@finalnameonly@  (%2) = 11 - Leif Erikson.wav
      @source@  (%3) = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.wav
        @dest@  (%4) = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.mpa
      @artist@  (%5) = Interpol
      @cdname@  (%6) = Turn On The Bright Lights
    @songname@  (%7) = Leif Erikson
       @track@  (%8) = 11
        @year@  (%9) = 2002
       @genre@ (%10) = Indie

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

NEW Extension      = m4a

TMP Dest Full Name = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.m4a
TMP Dest Path Only = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights
TMP Dest Name Only = 1tmp557)4

FINAL NAME Full Name = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\11 - Leif Erikson.m
4a
FINAL NAME Path Only = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights
FINAL NAME Name Only = 11 - Leif Erikson

EXECUTING: iTunesEncode.exe -a "Interpol" -l "Turn On The Bright Lights" -n 11 -
t "Leif Erikson" -y 2002 -g "Indie" -c "iTunesEncode + MAREO" -i "F:\Interpol\Tu
rn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.wav" -o "F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights
\1tmp557)4.m4a" ...
Artist: Interpol
Album: Turn On The Bright Lights
Title: Leif Erikson
Genre: Indie
Year: 2002
TrackNumber: 11
Comment: iTunesEncode + MAREO
Input File: F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.wav
Output File: F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.m4a
Encoder: AAC Encoder
*ERROR*!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

NEW Extension      = mp4

TMP Dest Full Name = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.mp4
TMP Dest Name Only = 1tmp557)4

FINAL NAME Full Name = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\Qutibacoas\11 - Lei
f Erikson.mp4
FINAL NAME Path Only = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\Qutibacoas

EXECUTING: qutibacoas.exe "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe" "F:\I
nterpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.wav" "F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright
Lights\1tmp557)4.mp4" ...
SUCCESS!

CREATING: F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\Qutibacoas ... SUCCESS!

RENAMING: F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.mp4 => F:\Interpol\Tur
n On The Bright Lights\Qutibacoas\11 - Leif Erikson.mp4 SUCCESS!

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 3 ***

NEW Extension      = mp4

TMP Dest Full Name = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4-3.mp4
TMP Dest Name Only = 1tmp557)4-3

FINAL NAME Full Name = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\NAACEnc\11 - Leif E
rikson.mp4
FINAL NAME Path Only = F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\NAACEnc

EXECUTING: NAACEnc.exe -normal "F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.
wav" "F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4-3.mp4" ...

Encoding F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.wav
Finished.
SUCCESS!

CREATING: F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\NAACEnc ... SUCCESS!

RENAMING: F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4-3.mp4 => F:\Interpol\T
urn On The Bright Lights\NAACEnc\11 - Leif Erikson.mp4 SUCCESS!

*** DONE ***

1 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.
I'm on a horse.

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #108
Your @dest@ for iTunesEncode is F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.mpa, it should be m4a, not mpa.  I think this will be because you have put .mpa instead of .m4a in EAC compression options "Use file extension" box.

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #109
Your @dest@ for iTunesEncode is F:\Interpol\Turn On The Bright Lights\1tmp557)4.mpa, it should be m4a, not mpa.  I think this will be because you have put .mpa instead of .m4a in EAC compression options "Use file extension" box.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240375"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's OK - I just realised that I don't have iTunes installed!  DOH!   

That's what comes with trying to rush things before bed...

@kwanbis

That would be most kind.  My email is neilpopham at bigfoot dot com

Thanks!
I'm on a horse.

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #110
so, did installing itunes worked?

EDIT: great ... check your inbox.

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #111
I have now successfully run the NAACEnc one and it works fine.  The resulting mp4 file plays in foobar2000.  Of course it has no tags because the command line in the ini file does not include any.  I presume this is because NAACEnc doesn't have this functionality?

MAREO 2.0 Development

Reply #112
so, did installing itunes worked?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240378"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not going to install iTunes - I have too much stuff installed already 

That's one positive for iTunes and Qutibacoas, and two for NAACEnc - so I think that's a success anyway.

Remember to put the quotes into the iTunes PARAMETERS variable though.

I'm off to bed while my wife is still speaking to me.
I'm on a horse.