Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Forum software upgrade, new portal, new wiki... (Read 13715 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum software upgrade, new portal, new wiki...

Reply #26
The video forums have been integrated more tightly due to the relatively lower popularity. I hope we can get rid of some ballast and have it less scattered this way. Specifically, this is what happened:

"MPEG4 Quality Forum" -> integrated with "MPEG4 Basic Usage" which is now called "MPEG4 Discussion".

"Other Video Formats" -> integrated with "General A/V".

"Video Capture/TV Cards" -> integrated with "General A/V".

"A/V Uploads" -> cancelled, people can use the normal "Uploads" forum instead.

edit: While i'm at it, "Music Forum Related Discussion" is cancelled too. The section "Site Related Discussion" really seems to be enough.

Reply #27
Forum topic listings only show time and no date.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247320"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It appears that new posts since the upgrade fix this problem (topics that haven't been posted in since, still do). Invision must of made some changes to the database and/or the structure of the queries so a fix is probably not that straight forward.
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #28
It's not at all obvious that the login on the home / portal page is not the login for the forums.  So when it rejects the login, says no user with that name exists, lets you create another login with the same user name, etc - it's confusing.

I'm sure that setup makes sense in some HA way, but not in the normal ordinary human being way.  Perhaps add some notice / information to that effect on the login page.

Reply #29
Yeah. Obviously things are still suboptimal as of now and we are working on solutions.

We just wanted to get the boards back up as fast as possible.
It's our hope that the new frontpage, which hopefully will be redesigned and more usable soon, is going to cause interest in the new Wiki.
You don't need to have a seperate account to edit the wiki, it's editable by everybody.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #30
It's not at all obvious that the login on the home / portal page is not the login for the forums.  So when it rejects the login, says no user with that name exists, lets you create another login with the same user name, etc - it's confusing.

that happened to me. please mods, delete the "kwnbs" user i created yesterday on the wiki.

Reply #31
i don't know, but i just don't like the new layout, the wiki should share hald the space with the new topics ... HA is about community =)

Reply #32
i don't know, but i just don't like the new layout, the wiki should share hald the space with the new topics ... HA is about community =)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247906"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wiki's are about community also.

But beside that, I already said I'd have the other stuff working soon.

Reply #33
Go Dib 
Kind Regards , Tcmjr

Aka HellSnoopy

Reply #34
I really miss the old forums where I could view both news and active topics on one page. To me, the update has made HA a lot less usable.

Just my 2¢.