Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any plugins that give a reverb-y/cave-y/virtual surround-like effects? (Read 3437 times) previous topic - next topic

Any plugins that give a reverb-y/cave-y/virtual surround-like effects?

Hi. I would like to know if there are any plugins that deliver sort of a virtual surround/reverb-y/cavey type effect? I own a broken old Sony portable discman called the D-555. It was top of the line back in the early 90's and had a feature called "Surround sound". It wasn't really true surround sound, but when activated, it would provide this unique reverb-y/echo-y/cave-like sound effect that I really enjoyed, and worked well with some songs I listened to.

Is there anything like that for F00bar? I'm currently using the DFX program via winamp dsp plugin, because it has ambience and 3D Surround Sound sliders, but quite frankly it's not that good.

Reply #2
Possibly this?: freeverb

If not, what sound card do you have?  I'm pretty sure just about every set of sound card drivers has a feature similar to this.

Reply #3
Possibly this?: freeverb

If not, what sound card do you have?  I'm pretty sure just about every set of sound card drivers has a feature similar to this.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have a soundblaster Audigy 2Z PCMCIA card for my notebook. It *does* have the concert hall feature, which sort of delivers that kind of echo-y effect, but when I activate it it causes stuttering and kinda slows my laptop down.

I will take a look at your link though, thanks

Reply #4
as you used foo_dsp_winamp, you can load vst bridge (http://www.winamp.com/plugin/vst-winamp-bridge/146317) in it and use many VSTs from the VST overproduction out there
also I guess izotope ozone fits your description, which is not free and is available as VST or winamp DSP

DFX is build on SRS sandbox AFAIK, useful if you have some low life equipment, in which case buying plugins may seem silly

anyhow I would go for VST