Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [USELESS] offtopic split (Read 10982 times) previous topic - next topic

[USELESS] offtopic split

Reply #25
@Christian & the poll:

I viewed the results first, before i wanted to vote. After that, I could not vote, as "You have already voted".
But I don't have voted, yet.
IIRC, some invision forum software has this poll bug. But I know, there is a solution, maybe other config of board software, or other version/update.

yeah, you can count on me, that i spent some money for Frank's PC. I have had some email with Frank some time ago, about --ms 15 switch, published here, and I have a very strong feeling, that Frank is one of the most trustworthy persons walking around. Persons, who made sometimes more for community, than it was good for themselves.

hmmm, about PayPal, I have had some bad experience with it in past, I wanted to collect money for an international community project, too. With a free paypal account, there were problems with conversions of $ , DM, €, British Pound Sterling etc.
Hopefully, paypal is better now.....
restrictions with international currencies, and paying/accepting only via credit card.
take care, if you should set up paypal account. maybe there is better solution, but I dunno.

erm, about the 128 k test, MPC & AAC scored best,
OGG and wma behind.
if you had some close look on the results, mpc was somehow even slightly better than aac, but this would be with personal rating of abx results, and no statistical prove (and iirc to few results for statistical safetyness for certain claims, but statistics include this, so no problems).

No, the most surprising result of that 128 k test is, that mpc played in the highest level of the test results, as there was always said, mpc was tuned for mid-high bitrates.

Damn, everyone here knows I dislike Frank a lot - I am the reason he left this forum in the first place - but even I am starting to have pity on him :B

I am disappointed now about rmajorim, who has admitted, that Frank K.  left this forum partly for him. And if I read here the valuable input of Roberto, Frank has my fully agreement.
And please, Roberto, if you have no interest in mpc, then simply don't write here. I haven't had much interest for ogg or aac so far, so I don't write there, too.
Otherwise it seems now, you have interest in mpc, maybe jealousy, maybe trying to "write it bad".

[USELESS] offtopic split

Reply #26
I viewed the results first, before i wanted to vote. After that, I could not vote, as "You have already voted".
But I don't have voted, yet.
IIRC, some invision forum software has this poll bug. But I know, there is a solution, maybe other config of board software, or other version/update.

Ever noticed the "null vote" part of "view results (null vote)" button ? You aren't supposed to be able to vote after seeing results.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

[USELESS] offtopic split

Reply #27
yeah, it read for me: viewing the result is a zero vote, so I have my possibility to vote, still.
well, I was wrong, but you can setup invision board polls so, that you can view results, and still vote afterwards.

[USELESS] offtopic split

Reply #28
If audio compression is so meaningless to you, why stick around?

Duh. Where the heck did you see him saying it is meaningless? Don't try to put thing he didn't say in his mouth, you'll only make a fool out of yourself.

He was just complaining people are taking it too damn seriously here. The mask seem to have fit pretty well on you, actually.

What do you suggest we move on from this "childhood teddy bear" to? AAC? Vorbis? Neither is tuned well enough to compete with Musepack at the higher end, as far as I'm aware of.

Gimme ABX.

Dude, you are the one supposed to give us ABX to prove that your favourite format does indeed come close to MPC's quality before spreading FUD. It is general consensus among the HA community that MPC does excell in quality in high bitrate area due to it's better psy model. As an AAC zealot, you can bash all you want any format other than AAC. It's not going to give you any credibility, nor will it make you look any intelligent either.

I am not sure why you always chose to jump in any thread discussing any format other than AAC and attack that format vigorously? It's perfectly fine to be an AAC zealot and not to use any other format yourself. But why this hostility towards any other format?

This thread has nothing to do with what you think about MPC's future or whether you think Frank will like the donation or not. Why are you trying to discuss those things here? Question was whether anybody want to contribute anything to buy a PC for Frank Klemm. Just say yes or no.

I think the amount of work Frank has contributed to the audio compression community, he deserves more than what any of us could afford. I'm willing to contribute upto $50 if Frank wants to accept it happily. This is not because he will commit to continue working on the best lossy encoder so far. It will be just to show my respect for the work he has done so far for the community.
-- Floydian Slip