Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunesEncode (Read 143332 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunesEncode

This is the final version of iTunesEncode.exe. Put here because there's really nowhere better to put it.

Edit: If you get a message telling you that the file is corrupt, then rename the file to iTunesEncode46.zip.gz and try again. And stop using IE, that's what causes this problem.

iTunesEncode

Reply #1
What changed?

John

iTunesEncode

Reply #2
download and read the readme.

iTunesEncode

Reply #3
Nothing has changed in it since I added the Album Art capability. People were just unable to get it from my webpage, so I posted it here.

iTunesEncode

Reply #4
what is it?
my winzip won't open it
"it does not appear to be a valid archive"

iTunesEncode

Reply #5
what is it?
my winzip won't open it
it's defiantly a zip archive. no problems here with WinRAR. must be a corrupted download at your side.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

iTunesEncode

Reply #6
what is it?
my winzip won't open it
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310450"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same story here. Downloaded it three times. File is the correct size. Corrupt archive in Directory Opus and WinRAR too.

--
Baxter

iTunesEncode

Reply #7
I figured it out. It has to do with IE and the way it sometimes handles stuff when the server is using mod_gzip.

If you get that it's a corrupt file, then rename it to iTunesEncode46.zip.gz and then try to open it with WinZip, WinRar, etc. It'll work then.

iTunesEncode

Reply #8
... Put here because there's really nowhere better to put it.  ...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310364"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Have you tried asking Roberto if he can host @ RareWares?

That would be great...

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

iTunesEncode

Reply #9
I consider it free-range, especially since I lost the source code. If he wants to host it at rarewares, he's quite welcome to it.

iTunesEncode

Reply #10
Done. Thanks.

iTunesEncode

Reply #11
sorry does anyone know how to go about adding album artist tag support to itunes encode?

iTunesEncode

Reply #12
It seems that iTunes 7.0.2 (maybe earlier, I don't know) added the ability to encode multiple tracks at once, so iTunesEncode works with fb2k now without giving errors about flushing the cache. 

Edit:  ... or not.  Doesn't work on my home machine, core duo.  argh.  I spoke too soon.  For some reason it seemed to work on my work computer... not sure why...

iTunesEncode

Reply #13
I tried omitting the -o switch so that I wouldn't have to delete anything after encoding but that doesn't appear to work.

iTunesEncode

Reply #14
hey guys.

first off id like to thank you otto for this fantastic peice of software. it has made my life a hell of a lot easier encoding my FLAC libraries

i have a suggestion of improving it somewhat, and i dont think it would involve too much rework of the original sourcecode (not that id know as i dont code myself )

i was wondering if it would be possible to implement a "BAND" tagging switch so that my FB2K "BAND/Album Artist" would be automatically written to the iTunes "Album Artist" tag on conversion of my files.
BAND is apparently the string iTunes uses for its "Album Artist" tag.

thanks for your time and cheers once again for this great proggy!

iTunesEncode

Reply #15
HELP ME WITH iTunesEncode.exe parameters??!?

I read the readme file, copy and pasted the suggested foobar200 parameters, and it still refuses to convert my flac files to apple lossless!

Haved tried with both flac and wav versions of the same files, and it fails every time.

Is it because I'm using foobar2000 1.1.7 and this new version is incompatible with iTunesEncode? If so, can someone please give me a URL to the old version of foobar200 that does work or tell me which version works with iTunesEncode  so that I can find it myself.

Does the file location of iTunesEncode.exe make any difference? If its on the desktop, instead of in the same folder as foobar200, could that be the problem?

HELP PLEASE!

iTunesEncode

Reply #16
This iTunes frontend is pretty old nowadays, does it have an advantages over qtaacenc/qaac yet?

iTunesEncode

Reply #17
i think itunesencode is limited to running a single instance whereas foobar will try and create a new instance for each core if you have a multi core system. you can change this by going to file>preferences>advanced>tools>converter>thread count
and setting it to 1.

using qaac/qtaacenc would be far better though - they don't have this limitation.

edit: doh, i only just realised the person with the problem posted back in september.

iTunesEncode

Reply #18
i think itunesencode is limited to running a single instance whereas foobar will try and create a new instance for each core if you have a multi core system. you can change this by going to file>preferences>advanced>tools>converter>thread count
and setting it to 1.

Yes I complained about that single instance problem. Anyways if qaacenc provides the same quality (same encoding library) then no need to use itunesEncode.

iTunesEncode

Reply #19
Just tried iTunesEncode with fb2k and the latest iTunes 11.1 and all good, just turn off multiple encoder settings in fb2k

iTunesEncode

Reply #24
i do use qaac but how it works is kind of a hack, iTunesEncode is just like encoding right from itunes but it saves me from converting to alac first.

This is nonsense.  What do you mean by "hack"?  Are you saying that iTunesEncode is less of a "hack" than qaac?
And what does alac have to do with either of them?