Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer (Read 103293 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #800
Anyone have a zip full of presets?

Reply #801
By going to Common in the Artwork section and activating the "Show artwork on background" flag, if you do not have the panel active the artwork will not appear.

Reply #802
Hello, I have a small doubt regarding this gap when changing the window size... Any idea how to resolve this or why it's happening in the first place? I'm not blaming the plugin since this seemed to happen with other spectrum analyzer programs as well unless I change the note range and bands per octave to somewhat eliminate this gap. You can see when windowed there's a-lot of gap present at the beginning of the note compared to full-screen but I want to totally eliminate this gap.

Reply #803
Hello, I have a small doubt regarding this gap when changing the window size... Any idea how to resolve this or why it's happening in the first place? I'm not blaming the plugin since this seemed to happen with other spectrum analyzer programs as well unless I change the note range and bands per octave to somewhat eliminate this gap. You can see when windowed there's a-lot of gap present at the beginning of the note compared to full-screen but I want to totally eliminate this gap.
BTW, that start and end "gap" do exist in original foo_musical_spectrum when the horizontal screen resolution is not an integer factor of number of actual bands, which is absent in this CodePen project and even older version of this component

Reply #804
which is absent in this CodePen project and even older version of this component

Was there a reason to revert that change? As of now it looks odd to resize the window in such a way where all the bands are laid out without any gaps

Reply #805
which is absent in this CodePen project and even older version of this component

Was there a reason to revert that change? As of now it looks odd to resize the window in such a way where all the bands are laid out without any gaps
Yes, but if @pqyt were to revert this change, its current behavior when comes to resizing and how bars are laid out should be added as an opt-in feature, which can please some users of old foo_musical_spectrum that wants a 64-bit foobar2000 right?

Reply #806

Different opinions. I can't please everybody. There was a heavy push to get everything pixel-aligned. There is no such thing as half-a-pixel: if everything needs to be aligned and evenly spaced then the bars needs to have a width that is an integer and therefor the whole component width can not be used.

Reply #807
I removed the rounding code. All math is done in DIP not pixels. If you think about it: rounding the values before giving them to Direct2D prevents it from choosing the correct pixel when it's time to create the final picture.
225 DPI with 7 bars and gauge gap of 1 DIP renders correctly now AFAICT.
Good to know it now renders correctly. Can you point me to the version/beta of your plugin that renders correctly with different windows scaling?
Speaking of pixel perfect. Can you please point me to version/beta that handles windows scaling correctly?

Reply #808
I removed the rounding code. All math is done in DIP not pixels. If you think about it: rounding the values before giving them to Direct2D prevents it from choosing the correct pixel when it's time to create the final picture.
Good to know it now renders correctly. Can you point me to the version/beta of your plugin that renders correctly with different windows scaling?
Speaking of pixel perfect. Can you please point me to version/beta that handles windows scaling correctly?
There's none yet. I'm working on other components for the moment.

Reply #809
There's none yet. I'm working on other components for the moment.

OK. That's your prerogative. Sorry, to hear that though.

Reply #810
What you forget is antialiasing in Direct2D (since hardware-accelerated version of foobar2000's built-in visualizations like Spectrum have anti-aliasing) or is it?