Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dumb Question: using old themes on v1.0 (Read 4533 times) previous topic - next topic

Dumb Question: using old themes on v1.0

It's been awhile since I last configured foobar2000 with custom components and themes, so excuse my noobness with this question. I just installed v1.0 on Windows 7 and got all the incompatibility error messages with some 3rd party components I had copied over for a custom theme. I read in the main V1.0 thread that the components have to be updated with the new SDK. Can I do that myself, or do the designers have to recompile their components and then reupload them to their websites? If I can do it, what is the process for doing that - a link to a thread already discussing this would be most helpful. Thanks in advance...

Reply #1
Can I do that myself, or do the designers have to recompile their components and then reupload them to their websites?
The latter. The forum search here should be helpful to see the current status, you should easily learn about the new version, component's successor or that it's just lost in time.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
The latter. The forum search here should be helpful to see the current status, you should easily learn about the new version, component's successor or that it's just lost in time.

Thanks Yirkha. I searched, but couldn't find a centralized thread regarding new themes that are v1.0-ready - is it still too early?

Reply #3
I don't think there will be a centralized thread for that, as "themes" (a list of 3rd party components to obtain and configuration file with relevant settings) are not centralized as well.
You can search just for the relevant components (the sane ones should be just replaceable with their new versions without problems), otherwise asking the theme author directly is your best bet.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.