Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC: CRC-Value reproducable different for different drives (Read 1884 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: CRC-Value reproducable different for different drives

Hey there,

Trying to dump a few disks today I noticed that even though both of my drives have Accurate Rip-verfied Offset correction and I used "Detect Read Features" the resulting tracks have different CRCs. I am not talking about faulty disks that give different results from one read to another (same drive, same settings, different CRC) but about reproducible CRCs that are different for drive b then for drive a. How is that possible? Is there an error in the auto-configuration? Do I miss something? Or is the only possible explanation that one of the drives is faulty?

Thanks.

Re: EAC: CRC-Value reproducable different for different drives

Reply #1
"tracks". Which ones? If it is only the last, then it is probably a lead-out thing.

Reply #2
Interesting. I did not notice a pattern and definitely the last tracks are not the only ones which are effected

Reply #3
Are the different CRCs consistent across multiple read attempts? And do either (or both) of those different CRCs give an accuraterip match?

Being able to see the logs for both rips might help.

Reply #4
I'm having the same problem now: Both drives report a range quality of 100 % and the rip/test runs through without additional read attempts or reporting errors.

Drive  HL-DT-STDVDRAM GH24NSD1 returns in Secure-mode:

Track  1  cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1)  [6F701314], AccurateRip returned [33401B55]  (AR v2)

and later, with just Track 1 tested:

Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1)  [6F701314], AccurateRip returned [33401B55]  (AR v2)

While drive PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM returns in Secure-mode

Track  1  cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1)  [9615A23F], AccurateRip returned [33401B55]  (AR v2)

respectively (2nd attempt with that drive, Burst-mode):

Track  1  cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1)  [9615A23F], AccurateRip returned [33401B55]  (AR v2)

Both drive have a fitting setup, with other CDs I usually get correct results.

If you want me to, I can check it with some other drives later on!?

Reply #5
Two other drives deliver the same CRC as the GH24NSD1:

PLEXTOR BD-R  PX-B950SA: [6F701314] (reproducible, 2x)

PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-891SA: [6F701314] (reproducible, 2x)

I can check with some more drives - but it looks as if the PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM might have an issue here.