Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: setting timestamps / markers while listening to podcasts (Read 886 times) previous topic - next topic

setting timestamps / markers while listening to podcasts

Dear forum,
after searching the web for hours for an android-app, which solves my issue, I've got now the idea, to try it with foobar-mobile, which I'm using for years on my laptop.

Here is my issue and my approach, I was thinking of - but maybe you have some additional suggestions for me. Anyways, thank you very much in advance for your support! :)

Issue:
I like listening to podcasts while doing sth else (like sport, cleaning, ...). The podcasts are saved as mp3-files on my mobile. To recall the most interesting parts of the podcasts, which I want to remember, I'd like to jump back to the podcast-time-positions of these parts, after finishing the podcast. So I can listen to these parts again, which will help me to remember these parts better. Maybe at home, I also could write something down, which also would support the remembering-process...

possible approach:
I'd like to have the possibility to set a timestamp / a time-marker, by for example pressing a headset-button. The Info of the timestamp could for example be stored within a cuesheet, or maybe could be written by a ID3-Tag-Editor to a certain metadata field.

Question to forum:
Do you see a possibility within foobar-mobile for my issue? Maybe a individual skin could be programed? Or do you have other suggestions for me?

Anyways, kind regards and thanks in advance,
Silias :)