Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus 1.2-alpha is out (Read 13440 times) previous topic - next topic

Opus 1.2-alpha is out

We just released Opus 1.2-alpha. It's an alpha release for the upcoming Opus 1.2. It comes with many improvements, including:
  • Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
  • Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
  • More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
  • Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kbit/s range
  • Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
  • Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
  • DTX support for CELT mode
  • SILK CBR improvements
  • Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-04 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
  • Many bug fixes, including integer overflows discovered through fuzzing (no security implications)

You can get it here. Please give it a try and report any issues.

Re: Opus 1.2-alpha is out

Reply #1
Please delete my post. It never made it to validated news and since then someone else started a 1.2-alpha thread in the Opus forum. People are commenting there, so this thread is now irrelevant.

Re: Opus 1.2-alpha is out

Reply #2
Unfortunately, I do not patrol news submissions often enough. I could leave it in validated news and close it, directing people to the other topic for commentary.

E: Yes, everyone, continue discussing the news in the linked topic:

Opus 1.2 alpha in the Opus forum.