Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC-like log file for foobar2000 CD ripper? (Read 2123 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC-like log file for foobar2000 CD ripper?

Hey all,

I used to use EAC a while ago and I liked how EAC saved a log file of the CDs you rip.  That way I can look back on an old rip and verify that it's clean just by reading the log. 

I have recently switched to foobar2000 for my FLAC rips, because my external CD drive isn't supported by EAC/AccurateRip. 

I always do a bit-compare after ripping a CD, and I was wondering if there was a way to save the bit-compare results into a log file similar to EAC's?

Thanks for the help !

Reply #1
I'd like to know this too.

Reply #2
I know this isn't directly about fb2k, but it's a workaround, if you really want that:
CUEtools can AR scan your lossless rip and create a .accurip log file and also check in the CueTools Database (CTDB). Also, you can try to use CUEripper which provides EAC-style logs if your drive works with that.

If you know a disc is in CTDB or AccurateRip when it's inserted and identified, CUEripper can be switched to Burst Mode to save ripping time and drive wear.

Works for me.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD