Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Create .CUE and CUE Sheet (Log) from FLAC file solely (Read 16318 times) previous topic - next topic

Create .CUE and CUE Sheet (Log) from FLAC file solely

I need some help. I have received some FLAC content to which the .CUE and Logs are missing. How can I create both .CUE and Cue sheet for these files (which are albums).  Does it require any testing to be run via a software (if so which please).

Also is there anything else which I need to be weary of.

All help will be appreciated.

Reply #1
You can create a dummy cue sheet with Cuetool but it will be a fake.
It will not reproduce the layout of the original CD, because you will miss gaps & pre-gap.
I will be nothing more than a playlist formated in cue sheet.

Reply #2
I need some help. I have received some FLAC content to which the .CUE and Logs are missing. How can I create both .CUE and Cue sheet for these files (which are albums).  Does it require any testing to be run via a software (if so which please).

You will need to locate and install shntool.
Then the procedure is quite simple:
1.  ls -C1 *.flac > filelist                                  // list the files in the order which you want to appear
2.  shntool cue -F filelist  > joined.cue              // create the cue file for the filelist

You can then manually add one file at the time using the FILE designator just before the track in the cue file.

3. I then join all the flac files to form the wav (or flac)
    shntool join -F filelist  // this gives a joined.wav
or shntool join -F filelist -o flac  // this gives a flac file

4. I then use metaflac to embed the cuesheet so that I don't loose it again

Reply #3

Also is there anything else which I need to be weary of.

All help will be appreciated.

Hi, you can use EAC, EAC find the blank between to track an d creat the CUE FILE. ..But you must convert your FLAC in wav before After you can use freeDB.org under foobar to tag correctly the file.

Re: Create .CUE and CUE Sheet (Log) from FLAC file solely

Reply #4
2.  shntool cue -F filelist  > joined.cue              // create the cue file for the filelist

"$ shntool [cue]: error: could not open input filename file: [filelist]"

Any clue ? I'm trying to create a single cue sheet based on many FLAC files.

Any solution on OSX greatly appreciated.

Best.

Re: Create .CUE and CUE Sheet (Log) from FLAC file solely

Reply #5
You quoted step 2 ... you need to do step 1 first (making the list of *.flac files).