Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB2k 8.3 spec will not play AAC (Read 4854 times) previous topic - next topic

FB2k 8.3 spec will not play AAC

Had to reload FB2k last week.
I downloaded the 8.3 Special Installer, and installed.
Many titles began to experience "scalefactor bands exceeded" and would not play, then noticed these errors are only on aac files.

I still have the 8.2 special installer, so I installed this version and everything is back to normal.

What am I missing from 8.3 which would support aac codec?
Tempted to re rip these titles into MP3 to avoid future compatibility issues.

TIA

(searched without success)
EAC095pb5, LAME3.98, freedb, flac 1.2.1, fb2k 0.9.5

Reply #1
Encoder?
Settings?
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #2
Encoder?
Settings?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286685"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WinAmp 2.95 Raw .AAC format.  It was a long time ago.  May be better to re-rip with EAC/Lame to improve quality and time display (currently these files show .01 total time)

bitrate = 128
channels = 2
samplerate = 44100
aac_profile = AAC Main
aac_header_type = RAW
codec = AAC

Reply #3
Encoder?
Settings?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WinAmp 2.95 Raw .AAC format.  It was a long time ago.  May be better to re-rip with EAC/Lame to improve quality and time display (currently these files show .01 total time)

bitrate = 128
channels = 2
samplerate = 44100
aac_profile = AAC Main
aac_header_type = RAW
codec = AAC
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286770"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why not convert them to a newer AAC format? Here is a small utility called "Ivan & Menno" [a href="http://members.home.nl/w.speek/ivan&menno.htm]http://members.home.nl/w.speek/ivan&menno.htm[/url] This program can convert your files to MP4 (m4a) AAC's. It's pretty easy to use too!
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #4
RAW AAC means the files have no header, so the decoder can't know what samplerate, channels, encoding mode, etc...are used.

Don't use it. Ever.

I'm interested in getting one of the files that doesn't play though, since I don't remember any changes 0.8.2 -> 0.8.3 that could break this. But it's still a particularly bad idea.

Reply #5
Thx for the input.
I tried Ivan & Menno early last year to wrap these into an MP4 container.  Don't recall exactly what I was trying to acomplish, easy to use but didn't work as expected.  Perhaps the RAW format was a bad call & I should just start over with mp3 rather than waisting more time with this group of titles.

I'm certain I used fb 8.3 when it 1st became available, without issue.  It's the now current download which has caused issue with my aac titles.