Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AdPlug (Read 42355 times) previous topic - next topic

AdPlug

Reply #50
The MIDI plug-in plays them with their General MIDI instruments. It is likely to sound worse than the Adlib version if you don't use either BASSMIDI with an appropriate collection of SoundFonts, or a VST instrument with GM capability.

AdPlug

Reply #51
Thanks guys! I think the description page for http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_adplug should be much more clear though. I mean actually list out the file types supported by this plug-in, for example, the RIX files. I saw the following list here http://adplug.sourceforge.net/

Supported formats:

AdPlug implements unique file replayers for each supported audio format in order to achieve the best possible replay quality. Players marked as "preliminary" aren't considered final by the author and may contain many replay issues, but are included for testing purposes anyway. As of now, the following formats are supported:

A2M: AdLib Tracker 2 by subz3ro
ADL: Westwood ADL File Format
AMD: AMUSIC Adlib Tracker by Elyssis
BAM: Bob's Adlib Music Format
CFF: BoomTracker 4.0 by CUD
CMF: Creative Music File Format by Creative Technology
D00: EdLib by Vibrants
DFM: Digital-FM by R.Verhaag
DMO: Twin TrackPlayer by TwinTeam
DRO: DOSBox Raw OPL Format
DTM: DeFy Adlib Tracker by DeFy
HSC: HSC Adlib Composer by Hannes Seifert, HSC-Tracker by Electronic Rats
HSP: HSC Packed by Number Six / Aegis Corp.
IMF: Apogee IMF File Format
KSM: Ken Silverman's Music Format
LAA: LucasArts AdLib Audio File Format by LucasArts
LDS: LOUDNESS Sound System
M: Origin AdLib Music Format
MAD: Mlat Adlib Tracker
MID: MIDI Audio File Format
MKJ: MKJamz by M \ K Productions (preliminary)
MSC: AdLib MSCplay
MTK: MPU-401 Trakker by SuBZeR0
RAD: Reality ADlib Tracker by Reality
RAW: RdosPlay RAW file format by RDOS
RIX: Softstar RIX OPL Music Format
ROL: AdLib Visual Composer by AdLib Inc.
S3M: Screamtracker 3 by Future Crew
SA2: Surprise! Adlib Tracker 2 by Surprise! Productions
SAT: Surprise! Adlib Tracker by Surprise! Productions
SCI: Sierra's AdLib Audio File Format
SNG: SNGPlay by BUGSY of OBSESSION
SNG: Faust Music Creator by FAUST
SNG: Adlib Tracker 1.0 by TJ
XAD: eXotic ADlib Format by Riven the Mage
XMS: XMS-Tracker by MaDoKaN/E.S.G
XSM: eXtra Simple Music by Davey W Taylor

Re: AdPlug

Reply #52
Hi kode54,

can you please clarify what are the recent changes made to the AdPlug decoder plugin? I'm curious especially because of the huge size increase from v1.49 to 1.50.

Reply #53
The "changelog in 10 words"  question comes back...

Reply #54
What's with this incessant need to read change logs? You mean you wouldn't just rather use the latest bleeding edge code without a worry in the world? Fine. I'll tell you. I updated to the latest 1.4 (2018) SDK, and updated the interfaces to support that. Nothing more. If you want to keep using the old version from before that, go right ahead.

Reply #55
If you re-read your own reply, maybe you will notice how underwhelming and narrow minded it is.

Reply #56
If people really want logs, why not look at tagged git releases?

Reply #57
For one, most users are not software developers themselves and most probably would not know their way around that. Secondly, in order for this suggestion to work the official foo_input_adplug git needs to be up to date to begin with. At the time of this writing the last update is from 11 month ago.

Reply #58
Which means that adplug may have got updated.

Maybe.

Who needs to know?

Reply #59
@mudlord : I need.
And I also noticed that foo_input_adplug git does not list any change - I checked it before I posted yesterday.
And now I can say - @kode54 - thank you kindly for this important knowledge. Those still using v 1.3.16/17 will most likely stay with what they have, while I will bother myself to update it, as I use v 1.4 beta 3.  Here you have clear usage scenario for brief change log updates.

Reply #60
I use foobar2000 primarily for transcoding and I recently noticed that some files play back with high volume levels which results in clipping. Is there any way this can be avoided? Adjusting volume doesn't make a difference, and it doesn't seem to be an issue in the Winamp version of adplug (though I am aware they're two different situations).

For an example, try SONG_0.XR1 from Xargon (labelled "Welcome" over at VGMPF)

Reply #61
I'm sorry for the double post, but I don't see an obvious way to edit my previous reply. I thought I'd clarify, I'm using NukedOPL3 with surround enabled when I'm experiencing this issue.

I made a request for the Winamp version of adplug to include surround for NukedOPL3 and discussion of this particular problem came up. Malvineous outlined the cause and a potential solution for it on the page for that issue: https://github.com/adplug/winamp/issues/18

Reply #62
It would be because I'm probably doubling the volume of the NukedOPL3, and an update to NukedOPL3 doubled the volume, negating that change. I do need to update the component.

Reply #63
Thank you for the response. That would make sense. SONG_0.XR1 (along with the rest of the files from Xargon) are particularly loud examples in contrast to other adlib tracks as well, so that could also be a contributing factor.

Reply #64
Excuse me:-) Recently, user configurable frequency offset for surroundopl was implemented in the adplug core. Would you please update your code base with upstream and add this parameter to the UI?
As mentioned in the issue of https://github.com/adplug/adplug/issues/70, a frequency offset of 128.0 is OK for most of the voices, but greater values like 384.0 makes certain kinds of voices sound normally, while the surroundopl effect is still acceptable.
Thanks so much!

Reply #65
Excuse me:-)

I just upgraded to version 1.53 and it's fantastic! But the "set_offset(double offset) {}"of AdPlug Core 2.3.3 doesn't seem to have a corresponding setting option added to configure page yet? It is required by certain AdLib instrument to sound correctly in surroundOPL mode.

Its default value is like this:
#define FREQ_OFFSET 128.0

But for a special instrument, the default value makes the sound of the right channel incorrect. A larger value like 384.0 works well.

Could I expect it in the next release? Thanks so much!

Reply #66
@kode54, please add an option to disable the output of information to the console.
Thanks!

Reply #67
Just realized this plug-in also needs an update from the almighty @kode54 so that .rix files can be played in foobar2000 v2.0 beta 10. Let's pray. Thanks!