Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "frameless" windows on second monitor? (Read 4451 times) previous topic - next topic

"frameless" windows on second monitor?

Hey all, I've recently discovered the beauty that is dockable_panels, I like having my foobar set up on my second monitor.

But if I Have a window without a "frame" and I close foobar, when i open it again, the borderless window will have moved to the primary monitor. Almost as if it's position had been "reset"

this doesn't happen with a window with the title bar still on it.

Anyone know of a solution, or have seen this problem before and direct me to a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Hey all, I've recently discovered the beauty that is dockable_panels, I like having my foobar set up on my second monitor.

But if I Have a window without a "frame" and I close foobar, when i open it again, the borderless window will have moved to the primary monitor. Almost as if it's position had been "reset"

Anyone know of a solution, or have seen this problem before and direct me to a solution?

Could be a bug on my end, I added it to my list of known bugs, and I'll look into when i get a chance.
There used to be a link to my website here.

Reply #2

Could be a bug on my end, I added it to my list of known bugs, and I'll look into when i get a chance.

Awesome, I didn't expect you to respond. I gotta say, I'm a big fan!    If it wasn't for your easy-to-use, functional, customizable components, I would have been scarred away from foobar before I really got to see how cool it is. Keep up the good work!

Reply #3

Is your secondary monitor on the left or the right of the primary?
There used to be a link to my website here.

Reply #4
Actually I am using dockable panels on a multimonitor setup and am experiencing wierdness too.

Docked or undocked, with or without titlebar.. if I close foobar with the panel showing then the next time I load foobar the panel is a tiny little box in the upper left corner of my primary monitor (0,0 coordinates, smallest size?) and I have to resize it. If I close foobar with the panel hidden then the next time I load foobar the panel is the proper size but has been repositioned to the upper left corner of my primary monitor.

Reply #7

Is your secondary monitor on the left or the right of the primary?

Mine is on the left

Edit: your "beta" seems to have done the trick, thanks!