Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ?EAC V.1B3 not ripping CD's in ".flac", only in ".w (Read 5060 times) previous topic - next topic

?EAC V.1B3 not ripping CD's in ".flac", only in ".w

I installed EAC V1.0 Beta 3 today.  Have tried to rip a song in the .flac format many times, but it only saves the file as a .wav file.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the log from the last attempt:

Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 3 from 29. August 2011

EAC extraction logfile from 31. December 2011, 21:47

Pink Floyd / Wish You Were Here

Used drive  : ATAPI  iHOS104  Adapter: 2  ID: 2

Read mode              : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No

Combined read/write offset correction      : 0
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks  : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations      : Yes
Used interface                              : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000
Gap handling                                : Not detected, thus appended to previous track

Used output format : Internal WAV Routines
Sample format      : 44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

TOC of the extracted CD

Track |  Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.00 | 13:40.20 |        0    |    61519 
        2  | 13:40.20 |  7:31.12 |    61520    |    95356 
        3  | 21:11.32 |  5:08.55 |    95357    |  118511 
        4  | 26:20.12 |  5:34.28 |    118512    |  143589 
        5  | 31:54.40 | 12:31.35 |    143590    |  199949 

Track  1

Filename C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Pink Floyd\01 Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V).wav

Peak level 100.0 %
    Extraction speed 1.4 X
    Track quality 100.0 %
    Copy CRC 2238DA71
    Copy OK

No errors occurred

End of status report

Reply #2
start with this and report back

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC

Thanks for the response.  The setup is as stated on this page.  I installed the program twice and followed the directions on this page and it still didn't work.  I just don't know what to try next.  Any other ideas?

Reply #3
If you didn't use EAC before: click on "CMP" button, not "WAV". Or press Shift+F5.

Reply #4
I just tried that, but it is still saving the tracks as a.wav file.  Is EAC a better program that using Foobar?  I like that EAC downloads all the lyrics and images.  I can't seem to get Foobar to download the Metadata, is this possible?

I aborted the rip and went to delete the .wav files, and it actually was saving them as .flac files. ????  wtf... edumacate me please?

Reply #5
Then you didn't check the "Delete WAV after extraction", under External Compresion tab.

Re: ?EAC V.1B3 not ripping CD's in ".flac", only in ".w

Reply #6
I know this is an old thread but it still pops up via Google search and it was still useful to me. But I would add one comment.
Patience is a virtue.......
It is not obvious that when ripping to *.flac it rips to *.wav first, THEN it changes to *.flac and deletes the *.wav file.
Soooo.....if you are not patient enough to wait for the first song to finish ripping it just looks like it is ripping to *.wav.
But if you wait for the first to song to finish you will see it change to *.flac.
All things eventually come to the patient man.
Remember that Corporations do not now, and never have, paid any corporate taxes. They pass 100% of their tax liability on to the consumer.....that's you and me.

Re: ?EAC V.1B3 not ripping CD's in ".flac", only in ".w

Reply #7
True.  The other most common reasons for this complaint:

1. User pushed the wrong button: CMP is the right choice.
2. User is trying to write files to a network resource; EAC does not like that.  Write locally or assign a drive letter to your network drive.