Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: winamp mp3 eq (Read 4201 times) previous topic - next topic

winamp mp3 eq

How do you configure winamp so mp3 tracks use the winamp eq?  I did ask this question before, but have forgotten how to do it.  I need to do it again as I formatted my computer and lost all winamp settings

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #1
How do you configure winamp so mp3 tracks use the winamp eq?  I did ask this question before, but have forgotten how to do it.  I need to do it again as I formatted my computer and lost all winamp settings

Still using winamp? :B

Well, what do you mean? "so mp3 tracks use the winamp eq"
If the eq is enabled winamp will use it for all tracks  played thru winamp.

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #2
Some time ago, I had a problem mp3 tracks playing through winamp!

when I encoded an mp3 track and compared the original wav with the new mp3, the mp3 file was slightly more bass heavy!  I think the problem was resolved by changing the winamp settings somehow.  Even when the mp3 track was decoded back to wav, the new wav file sounded normal.

I am using -alt preset extreme to encode from a wav file ripped with EAC which produced a 100% quality copy!

encoding a clean wav file with -alt preset extreme you should not be able to tell the difference! or can you?

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #3
Are you talking about your Extreme Bass thread? It was about mpc (and its internal equalizer). Did you really have the same problems with mp3?
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #4
Still using winamp? :B

Yes, Althought foobar is better then winamp, I cannot live without a track progression bar!  As soon as foobar gets the progress bar, I will switch to foobar before you can say.... foobar

I am sure a lot of ppl will agree with me

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #5
Are you talking about your Extreme Bass thread? It was about mpc (and its internal equalizer). Did you really have the same problems with mp3?

Oh   

If I didnt have that problem before, I have it now 

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #6
For winamp, it is a good idea to use Shibatch's SuperEQ instead of the built-in equalizer.

To enable the built-in eq, just turn it on (click the button labeled "on" in the equalizer window).

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #7
Thanks for the help, but I have now decided to jump onto the foobar train.  I think this train will go further

winamp mp3 eq

Reply #8
@ jenny

I suppose you are asking for  this:

Go to "Preferences", select "Plugins"-"Input", there "Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder". Click configure, Go to the "Decoder" Tab, and deselect "Fast Layer X EQ".

That should do it. Anyway, it's not recommended, as the default decoder kills high frequencies.