Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Donation link gone? (Read 6973 times) previous topic - next topic

Donation link gone?

Some people have been asking how they can donate to HA for awhile, especially since after having upgraded the forum software to version 2.0 PR1 I have been discouraging people from using the subscription service.  Well, now I just added a donation link, so those who wanted to contribute before can do so now.

I'm not seeing the donations link... where can I find it?

I tried searching a bit, but couldn't find anything in validated news or site related discussions. Is the donation link unavailable at the moment? Is there a way I can make a personal donation?

Thank you.

Donation link gone?

Reply #1
I have just been PM'ed by a user wishing to donate.

It took me quite a while to discover the Donations link in the wiki.

I'm surprised that the button has gone.  Perhaps the AdSense is providing far more income?
I'm on a horse.

Donation link gone?

Reply #2
Actually, donation income was very little, and Adsense on HA isn't doing much better. I'm strongly considering just removing it and compacting the header layout.

The ads on the foobar2000 site are on average enough to pay for the server costs.

Donation link gone?

Reply #3
It took me quite a while to discover the Donations link in the wiki.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but is this still the right link for donating to HA?  I do not want any donation to go to some forgotten hole in the ground.

Donation link gone?

Reply #5
How much does HydrogenAudio get when donation is 10$ and how much when donation is 20$?

Donation link gone?

Reply #6
Paypal overhead is 3% + 0.30 USD IIRC.