Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_tradersfriend (Read 143105 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #25
Ahh, that works excellently, thank you.  Now I'm off to try and make the album list sort by date when there's no album tag present.

Despite

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #26
foo_tradersfriend 0.4.2
  • disc and tracknumber guessed from filenames* are now written.
*: only for filenames with the following format:
xyzYYYY-MM-DDddiscnumberttracknumber

edit: some clarifications:
The used heuristics are actually laxer than what is described above. t%tracknumber% instead of d%disc%t%tracknumber% works. YY-MM-DD works as well, but there is no century guessing.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #27
Can you please process YY-MM-DD as well, maybe even with some cheap heuristics to auto-complete YY to YYYY format?

And please add support for artist%date%t%tracknumber% as well..

Looks like some people still haven't realized that one day there might be more than one century of music history.. </sarcasm>
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #28
Sneaky.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #29
@ foosion,

I have foobar 7.3 and loaded traders friends into the components folder, but nothing happens! Did I miss something or do I need annother component to run traders friends?

antares

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #30
I have foobar 7.3 and loaded traders friends into the components folder, but nothing happens! Did I miss something or do I need annother component to run traders friends?

This is a masstagger extension. It adds the masstagger action "Guess values from text file".

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #31
What a nice program, I'm getting the hang of it! However.. Is there a way to remove the tags? Where does it write the tags? Directly to the SHN's? Regardless of me having "do not write tags to files" checked in F2k?

NM: Got how to remove the names. However where does F2k store those variables? must be in the SHN header.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #32
However where does F2k store those variables? must be in the SHN header.

foobar2000 stores tags in its database (if you have it enabled), otherwise there still stored in your FPL playlist files. So even if you have database disabled and "Do not write modified tags to files" checked, you will not lose your tags as long as you have the files in one of your playlists.

How tags are stored depends on the file format. In case of SHN files, writing tags to the files themselves would likely break those files (in addition to corrupting MD5 hashes), which is why foo_shn stores tags in an external .tag file (in APEv2 format).

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #33
However where does F2k store those variables? must be in the SHN header.

foobar2000 stores tags in its database (if you have it enabled), otherwise there still stored in your FPL playlist files. So even if you have database disabled and "Do not write modified tags to files" checked, you will not lose your tags as long as you have the files in one of your playlists.

How tags are stored depends on the file format. In case of SHN files, writing tags to the files themselves would likely break those files (in addition to corrupting MD5 hashes), which is why foo_shn stores tags in an external .tag file (in APEv2 format).

Hmm curious. I've never seen a .tag file.  In my SHN dirs, but then again I have f2k database turned on.

As far as playlists go, I don't really "playlist" my shns. I just open the folder up and grab all the shn's I want.

I recently got a Dead show, that's full of SKT? files? What's that about?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #34
What a nice program, I'm getting the hang of it! However.. Is there a way to remove the tags? Where does it write the tags? Directly to the SHN's? Regardless of me having "do not write tags to files" checked in F2k?

Tags are not written to SHNs if you have "do not write.." checked.

To remove tags you can either use the corresponding functions in foobar / masstagger, or delete the .tag files (which are placed in the same folder as the .shn files by default - check your foo_shn config)

(on a side note: I know those external tags aren't pretty, but like foosion said, they were designed with preserving the typical existing file hashes in mind - this ensures persistent tagging if desired, while retaining compatibility with md5 hashes, BitTorrent's .torrent metafiles, SFV, basically any application that relies on hashes or checksums to identify files.)

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #35
Hmm curious. I've never seen a .tag file.  In my SHN dirs, but then again I have f2k database turned on.

[..]

Of course those tag files won't be written if you have tag writing disabled (which you do, I suspect?)

.skt files are "seektables", files that enable instantaneous seeking in Shorten files. Sometimes they're appended to Shorten files upon creation, sometimes they are added afterwards and stored externally in a .skt file - again, so as to not break .md5 hashes etc.

Welcome to the ugly world of Shorten with all its hacks needed to provide various standard features..

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #36
As far as playlists go, I don't really "playlist" my shns. I just open the folder up and grab all the shn's I want.

I was talking about the FPL files that fb2k uses to store the playlists you have in the UI.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #37

I was talking about the FPL files that fb2k uses to store the playlists you have in the UI.

Well FPL is still a playlist, so unless it stores it temporarily until I close that PL.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #38

[..]

Of course those tag files won't be written if you have tag writing disabled (which you do, I suspect?)

.skt files are "seektables", files that enable instantaneous seeking in Shorten files. Sometimes they're appended to Shorten files upon creation, sometimes they are added afterwards and stored externally in a .skt file - again, so as to not break .md5 hashes etc.

Welcome to the ugly world of Shorten with all its hacks needed to provide various standard features..

I seek through SHN files just fine in Foobar without the SKT files? I know I couldn't in winamp.

If Furthur would ever support flac, I think I'd just grab those.. but alas no support yet.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #39
I seek through SHN files just fine in Foobar without the SKT files? I know I couldn't in winamp.

Well, there are three scenarios for seeking in shn files:

1) seektables are appended to the Shorten file. Seeking is possible in WinAmp and foobar.
2) seektables are stored in external skt files. Seeking is possible in WinAmp and foobar.
3) there are no seektables. Seeking is not possible in WinAmp. foobar can still seek in this case, but it is much slower (since it has to decode the entire file until it reaches the point you want to seek to - if you seek ahead. Seeking backwards is no problem)

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #40
Problem:
The plugin does not write date tags to files when using "Guess values from text file".

Solution:
Check that the plugin really is set to write to the "DATE" tag. A previous version contained an error that caused script settings to be not restored properly. As a result the default setting for the name of the date tag ("DATE" in the initial configuration) could be set to the same name as the title tag ("TITLE" in the initial configuration).

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #41
just wanted to say that the idea for this plugin simply ROCKS.
havent used it yet, but thats gonna change in about 5 mins

thanks foosion!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #42
First of all, let me say that this plugin is great.  It makes organizing all my live shows so much easier!

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to customize the way tradersfriend tags?  For example, I would like to date to just show the year (rather than the exact date) and also I want to be able to write a comination of fields in the title (like date - venue - Disc #).  Is there anyway customize any of this information?

Thanks for your help!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #43
You can easily do that with a few post-processing steps in masstagger. Use "Format values from other fields" to extract the year from the date (however this relies on a known date format), and "Format values from other fields" to combine whatever tags you want into one. The there's "Remove field..." to get rid of the tags you no longer want. It's propably best to save this as a preset, once you have set it up correctly.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #44
*cough* still waiting for a text file picker if multiple candidates are detected.. I'm growing tired of having to work around tradersfriend's vain attempts to make sense of flac fingerprint files etc

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #45
You can easily do that with a few post-processing steps in masstagger. Use "Format values from other fields" to extract the year from the date (however this relies on a known date format), and "Format values from other fields" to combine whatever tags you want into one. The there's "Remove field..." to get rid of the tags you no longer want. It's propably best to save this as a preset, once you have set it up correctly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257314"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That did it... thanks! 

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #46
*cough* still waiting for a text file picker if multiple candidates are detected.. I'm growing tired of having to work around tradersfriend's vain attempts to make sense of flac fingerprint files etc
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257372"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would really like to see this as well.

Also, even when I leave the Discnumber field in the 'Guess values from text file' window empty, the plugin still insists on putting the DISC tag into each file, which I don't want. How can I stop it from doing this?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #47
foo_tradersfriend 0.6.0 preview
This is just to let you people get a peek at things to come. Some features still need to be (re)implemented. Changelog and description of supported filename and text formats is to be included with the final version.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone.

Links:
plugin
screenshot (a bit outdated already, "Update files" actually works in this preview)

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #48
Looking really great, thanks

edit: Well actually it worked well only on two of the 16 shows it tried  On the 14 others it recognized every track as track number one.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #49
On the 14 others it recognized every track as track number one.

I had that problem with version 0.4.4 on most of the shows I tried. Can't wait until the new version's finished, it looks a lot better already