Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1 (Read 75482 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

(believe it or not, but)
foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1 is now out.

Official Release Notes

Menu layout changes
A new Context Menu structure has been introduced along with a reworked context menu preferences page.
Holding down shift while opening a menu - with both context and main menu - will bring up menu commands that are normally hidden, so you no longer need to go through the preferences page to access obscure commands that are hidden by default.

Reworked Preferences
Various standard Preferences pages have been reworked. The Preferences dialog now has OK, Apply and Cancel buttons. Existing components need to be updated to utilize the new Preferences functionality.

New Edit Menu behavior
With Default User Interface, the Edit Menu commands operate on currently selected items, not just on the currently active playlist. This allows - for an example - to use the Copy command on Album List selection.
This feature currently does not work with third party user interfaces - Edit Menu commands operate on the active playlist just like in old foobar2000 versions; relevant components will need to be updated to comply.

Custom art filename patterns
You can now set custom filename patterns and paths for front cover, back cover, artist and disc artwork. You also have the ability to set a stub image for each of these.

New configuration file format
Configuration of individual components is now stored in separate files. Reading of old configuration files is still supported so your settings will be preserved while upgrading from older versions; however you will not be able to downgrade back to older 0.9.x releases without losing your settings.

Built-in support for Windows Media streaming
Buggy third party components are no longer required to play ASX/MMS/RTSP streams. It's recommended to uninstall relevant components.

Time limit in beta versions
To prevent people from running outdated beta versions, every beta version now expires after four weeks from the original release.

Release Notes on foobar2000.org
Download page on foobar2000.org (downloads via BitTorrent protocol)
(Distribution of betas via BitTorrent not up for debate)

1.0 Change List:
  • New context menu structure - better out-of-the-box layout but less customizable.
  • Built-in support for Windows Media and RTSP streaming.
  • “Edit” menu operates on the currently selected object rather than always on the active playlist.
  • Improved compatibility with multimedia keyboards.
  • Improved, more customizable album art support.
  • Portable installs now remember Media Library paths relatively to the install folder.
  • Reworked Preferences: OK/Cancel/Apply buttons, new layout of standard pages.
  • New options regarding selection viewer behavior.
  • Default User Interface: new pseudo color code system for status bar and playlist view.
  • CD ripping improvements:
[blockquote]
  • Results can be now checked against the AccurateRip database on-the-fly.
  • CD-TEXT reading support.
  • Ability to choose individual tracks to rip in the “Rip Audio CD” dialog.
[/blockquote]
stimulating the audio nerve directly

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #1
I always believed 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar, was going to be the date when Foobar2000 1.0 is release. I now see how ridiculous my beliefs were.

Keep up the great work!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #2
wat

this one even took me by surprise

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #3
What is this i don't even.

Many thanks.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #4
change log doesn't mention this great improvement:
properties dialog: updating files only on affected changes (more)

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #5
Those of you confused about the 1.0 version number really don't know the degree of bugfixing that has gone on with this release. There are so many behind-the-scenes bugs that have been fixed, it's ridiculous.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #6
Confused and excited, playing with it now
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #7
There are so many behind-the-scenes bugs that have been fixed, it's ridiculous.

Any chance for a more detailed list of changes and bugfixes? Would be interesting.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #8
LULWUT

WHEN VERSION = 1.0 MUSIC = !FUBAR

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #9
WOW! finally!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #10
All i can say is that I'm really happy with new features!
Foobar looks a lot better with new context menu, the old one was such a mess... And oddly enough, didnt even realize that it was an issue back then o.0
You certainly know where foobar is going, good job!

One thing bothers me though... What if 1.0 beta will explode after 4 weeks, and there wont be new foobar release? We all gonna have to downgrade, thus all component settings will be lost ^^

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #11
Quote from: yandexx link=msg=668677 date=
  • Default User Interface: new pseudo color code system for status bar and playlist view.

No idea what it means? 

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #12
Some notes:

* Default User Interface: new pseudo color code system for status bar and playlist view.

Try using > and < characters in the Default UI status bar and/or custom columns to shift color towards the Highlight or Background color.
Example: [font= "Lucida Console"]$replace(%title%,'(',<<'(',')',')'>>)[/font] will darken text surrounded by parentheses.

* You can now change audio output or GUI without restarting foobar2000.

* Album-art viewer: Open action on double-click.
stimulating the audio nerve directly

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #13
Yeah, I just found those in new titleformat reference. And there is no $rgb anymore.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #14
Which one is better: with vertical (old) or horizontal (new) scrollbar?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #15
I'm not sure if I should report this here, but I don't seem to access file properties with toolbar button...

EDIT: or any context menu item for that matter. Maybe its designed that way?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #16
 This is great! Now I know what Santa is going to put in my stocking this year
  • Does it mean that all 0.9 components should work without recompilation?
  • Will new SDK include Default UI Elements API? Is new SDK planned to be released as soon as stable 1.0 is released or will there be some delay?
  • I would also love to see more "under-the-hood" changelog. E.g. what about "relative paths" in Media Library (Case mentioned planned support for mounted drives in [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=645795']this topic[/a])
  • The Play command appears in context menu even if it is un-checked in preferences (it only occurs in Default UI). Is it by design?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #18
foobar2000 1.0    ????

I... just..... can't... believe.... this... !

I never believed that this happened in my life!     

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #19
This is great news! Although, .asx streams aren't working for me:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"E:\Music\Internet Streams\BBC Radio 1\Radio1.asx"

Another question: will ../artist.jpg work as a search pattern for artist art or do I have to do some titleformatting?

---

edit: I have got asx streams working: for some reason it wouldn't play .asx files already in a playlist, but it can play them when I re-add them. However, it doesn't read the artist and title information in the <AUTHOR> and <TITLE> tags. It reports the path as mms:something instead of E:\something which foo_input_mslive did, which means the art doesn't work (although I can set up art based on the paths now so that's not a big problem).

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #20
At last. Thanks Developers. 

Portable installs now remember Media Library paths relatively to the install folder.

Could you please consider saving database file in root of media folder?

e.g. If my song folder is C:\Music, then database files would reside at C:\Music\database.fpl & C:\Music\PlaybackStastics.dat.

This way, even a new install of Foobar2000 would retain statistics by just adding music folder to Media Library.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #21
Thanks for your hard work! After VLC went v1 now foobar2000 too 

I installed it and am looking around.

I see that the Name format in the Converter dialogue window hasn't been changed. I made some simple suggestions (I think) in this post to gain some field space. What about making the window resizable?

One other thing: The Apply Replay Gain in context menu Utilities of mp3 files has gone?

Thanks

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #22
my first little bug report. it didn't recognise i had oggenc2.exe already in my foobar folder when converting a file. i had to locate the file to make it work. no such problem with flac or lame.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #23
Thank God for v1.0, people can stop asking finally...
Some more changes:
  Added troubleshooter notice when foobar2000 wasn't correctly closed last time.
  Better error reporting for broken FLAC files.
  FLAC "native cuesheets" are removed as well when removing embedded cuesheets.
  Broken MP4 frames no longer abort decoding.
  Updated Vorbis cover art reading to the new spec.
  Converter rejects non-console executables for encoders (avoids common mistake of people using installer packages instead of the encoders themselves).
  Added MP3 gain target level configuration (advanced preferences).
  Added Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown accelerators for tab changes.
  Added bindable command which goes straight to the Output preferences page and selects the "Output device" dropdown for faster output switching e.g. using a shortcut.
  Added commands for changing DSP presets directly.
  Re-added v0.8 menu commands for direct change to a certain volume.
  Default UI splitters are thinner/less borders somewhere.
  More consistency in UI, "Vista" look everywhere.
  Album list: Removed
  • at root.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #24
Wow, a major milestone. Congratulations to Peter and his team of developers.

My favorite feature so far: The ability to change the audio output in mid-play. I can throw my music to my home theater on a whim, and then pull it back. It works without fuss. Simply brilliant. It's already changed my playback patterns. Restart took only a few seconds, but I wasn't inclined to do it. Wonderful.

That's so plausible, I can't believe it.