Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 250581 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #200
Could you add Last.fm Hate Track?
Right now,Last fm remove country-limited(US,UK,GER)
But only listen on Foobar(maybe with no audioscrobbler)

foo_softplaylists

Reply #201
I downloaded the .dll, placed it in my Components folder and restarted foobar.

Don't see any changes in my context menu or anything. How do you use this component? In case its an issue I am running foobar 9.5.2 because thats the last release that supports my preferred pui...

foo_softplaylists

Reply #202
You can configure the plugin in the Tools Section of the Preferences menu.. if it doesnt show up in your contextmenu then i think you should try an older build of the plugin

I was was wondering why not all commands show up in the "Run Command"-menu ?  I want to manually integrate the Love Track command, but it doesnt show up there?

Thanks for writing this plugin, its awesome

foo_softplaylists

Reply #203
Got it, thanks.

Actually I had found the config page in the preferences but I had not found it in the context menu in the new skin i was using till I noticed it in a submenu of a Legacy commands dropdown list.

It's sitting there next to my other commands for the audioscrobbler component. I have started playing around with the two components on the same songs and notice some interesting differences.

With both plugins I am most interested in the similar artist playlist options.

With audioscrobbler I get a greater variety of tracks being proposed and I also get tracks from the artist I have used to launch the inquiry.

Anyone else notice advantages/disadvantages between these two?

Dave M

foo_softplaylists

Reply #204
HUH! Awesome!!  One little idea: differentiation between users, at least the custom users. I'd like to have a separate loved playlist for x and y, not necessarily merged together.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #205
Maybe im overlooking the feature, but is it possible to get me to the Track-specific page on LastFM? You know, the webpage where people can leave their comments on how they (dis)like a track

Thanks!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #207
Thanks for the update but this component seems to cause large startup delays. Without it I get the startup time of about 1.5 seconds and with it 4.0 seconds, worse for cold startups. Also while starting up it seems to lock the GUI in both DUI/CUI for a couple of seconds. Can this be fixed please?
Thanks

foo_softplaylists

Reply #208
It is probably because of the internet connection it makes at startup to get the top tags.
I will try to fix it in next version with a time out or some detection mechanism to see if inet is available and that is hopefully fast enough.
Do you have an internet connection when you start up? Is it congested?

My startup time is 1.3 s in total.

It also works without inet connection on my pc, it just removes the top tags then.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #209
HUH! Awesome!!  One little idea: differentiation between users, at least the custom users. I'd like to have a separate loved playlist for x and y, not necessarily merged together.

I will make a separate entry where you can do the same things for each custom user independantly.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #210
Maybe im overlooking the feature, but is it possible to get me to the Track-specific page on LastFM? You know, the webpage where people can leave their comments on how they (dis)like a track

Thanks!
You can do that with foo_run but I will try make an entry for it in the Last.fm context submenu

foo_softplaylists

Reply #212
It is probably because of the internet connection it makes at startup to get the top tags.
I will try to fix it in next version with a time out or some detection mechanism to see if inet is available and that is hopefully fast enough.
Do you have an internet connection when you start up? Is it congested?

My startup time is 1.3 s in total.

It also works without inet connection on my pc, it just removes the top tags then.

Yup I have an always on 100mbit cable...
Can the top tags fetching be done in a different thread?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #213
With audioscrobbler I get a greater variety of tracks being proposed and I also get tracks from the artist I have used to launch the inquiry.
Isn't audioscrobbler for scrobbling?

Yup...sorry I meant to say scrobblecharts....

Still, great component and thanks for bringing it out and coming back to it.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #215
thanks for the update.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #216
I love this plugin and use it a lot! Thanks!

Could you implement some kind of prefer/ban system? The component often picks live versions of song rather than album versions, which is really annoying.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #217
I love this plugin and use it a lot! Thanks!

Could you implement some kind of prefer/ban system? The component often picks live versions of song rather than album versions, which is really annoying.
Is there an automatic way to differentiate between the two? track length?
What you can do is tag these versions differently, for example add (live version) to the track name.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #220
@JohanDeBock: It would of course be possible, but I don't like to tag fiels like that, seeing as many of those tracks are from live concert albums.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #221
First of all: brilliant component, this is exactly the direction I think media players should be going in.

Second: I have the same problem as Nemphael, I've got a large library and there tend to be several versions of a song available, and the component seems to choose randomly between them, often picking either a live (or remix etc.) version, a low quality version (when there is a flac version available), or a version from some various artists album or other compilation. I don't want to change the way I tag things, but I'm very much in the habit of tagging things from MusicBrainz, so there are things like album artist and release type available, which it would be possible to distinguish between tracks on. Just a simple order of preference would suffice, but some kind of amalgamated rating that took into account all these things would be better. I appreciate that doing all that would probably be a fair bit of work though - would you consider open-sourcing this, or maybe allowing a couple of other people to help? I'm willing and able.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #222
omg. use foobar2000 proxy settings. what's wrong with that?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #224
-love a track on your Last.fm account.

how it works ?