Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Visual Studio 2012 support? (Read 3164 times) previous topic - next topic

Visual Studio 2012 support?

I've grown quite fond of the new C++11 features provided by the VC11 compiler and standard library, so it makes me a bit sad to go back to VC10 when developing foobar components. Is there any intention to update the API to VC11 now that Visual Studio 2012 has been released?

Reply #1
The SDK builds just fine on VC11 with some minor patches to PFCv1.

If I recall correctly, you need to make a protected copy-assignment operator declaration in list_base_t, as the templated copy-assignment operator does not inhibit the synthesised copy-assignment operator which fails due to the copy-assignment operator in list_base_const_t being private, for good reason.

Note that the currently released VC11 versions prevent you from targetting Windows XP, so be aware of this if you've got users on that god-forsaken OS.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #2
I don't recall making that particular change to PFC to compile it with VC11, so your mileage may vary.

Reply #3
Ah, I assumed the C++ runtime version for component dlls would have to match that of foobar, but I guess since we build the SDK separately it doesn't matter. Cool, I'll give it a go, thanks

(VC11 project files would be nice in the next SDK release though)

Reply #4
All the right functions are either class interfaces or virtualized, so cross-runtime issues are handled. It's also why VC9 components still work.