Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Wanted] Program to capture wma / real streams (Read 4678 times) previous topic - next topic

[Wanted] Program to capture wma / real streams

hi,

I've already searched google, but I couldn't find any tool with the following features:

- input: wma / real audio streams
- output: wav or mp3 or AAC
- capture streams directly (do not record from soundcard or something)
- scheduled recordings
- Optional: record several streams simultaneously

it's hard to believe that such a program doesn't exist 

any help appreciated
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #2
hi,

I've already searched google, but I couldn't find any tool with the following features:

- input: wma / real audio streams
- output: wav or mp3 or AAC
- capture streams directly (do not record from soundcard or something)
- scheduled recordings
- Optional: record several streams simultaneously

it's hard to believe that such a program doesn't exist 

any help appreciated
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Nettransport can do all but decode/transcode.  If the website is streaming Realaudio, Nettransport will write the Realaudio (unaltered) to disk.  Same for WMA.  This program started as freeware, but current version are share/nagware.  This is a link to the last released freeware version.
[a href="http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page9.html#Net%20Transport]http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/pa...Net%20Transport[/url]

Reply #3
ok, thank you guys. The program seems pretty cool and does exactly what I was looking for, except the transcoding thing, but I'm sure I'll find a solution for that too.
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.

Reply #4
so does anyone know a good lightweight transcode tool for real audio files and maybe even wma?

Reply #5
so does anyone know a good lightweight transcode tool for real audio files and maybe even wma?
you surly remember that dMC does all that for you.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #6
you surly remember that dMC does all that for you.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314685"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you're right. It works like a charm  thanks a bunch

Reply #7
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314675"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're using Winamp, the Tara RealAudio plugin can be used with the diskwritter output plugin for decoding.  This is much faster than db poweramp.  Recovering WMA audio is becoming more and more difficult because of Microsoft's DRM.  If you have something, anything that works....  be happy.

Reply #8
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314675"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're using Winamp, the Tara RealAudio plugin can be used with the diskwritter output plugin for decoding.  This is much faster than db poweramp.  Recovering WMA audio is becoming more and more difficult because of Microsoft's DRM.  If you have something, anything that works....  be happy.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315130"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

so why would WinAmp be faster than DBpowerAmp? I mean, isn't it the encoder that does all the work?

Reply #9
so why would WinAmp be faster than DBpowerAmp? I mean, isn't it the encoder that does all the work?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315286"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

DBpoweramp transcodes RealAudio in real time.  Tara/Winamp is not so constrained.  I collect Old Time Radio.  Transcoding a half-hour or hour in real time would be a pain in the neck.  But it's your choice.  There can be other factors than just speed.

Reply #10
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

DBpoweramp transcodes RealAudio in real time.  Tara/Winamp is not so constrained. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315350"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

dBPowerAmp doesn't have this constraint anymore, it [a href="http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ra.htm]seems[/url].

Also, mplayer can save a real media or windows media stream. Command-line, supports proxy. I think it can also transcode, but I didn't try it yet.
Best audio player for the power user: foobar2000