Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: official CD writing support component (Read 45007 times) previous topic - next topic

official CD writing support component

Reply #50
From the first post -
- requires recent version of Nero installed (preferably 5.5.9.4 or newer)

Haven't read the whole thread to check if this might have changed, but can confirm the component is working here using Nero 6.3.1.17

Reply #51
Edit: I'll make a thread in tech support

Reply #52
Hi, I want to make a CD with no gaps between the tracks, but I can't find the gapless DSP thing anywhere, can anyone help? The components in the link given above don't work with my version of foobar, and http://acropolis.lokalen.org/2006/10/fooba...2000-components for Skip Silence (I assume that does the same thing as Gap Killer) is down at the moment. (Or at least I can't access it.)

Reply #54
Excellent, thank you!

Reply #55
is there a way to set gap to 0 or 1 or 2 seconds between the songs

Reply #58
Nero libraries were used because most of burner owners have it installed (legally or not), please don't pretend that you have a problem with that.
If you want a component using cdrdao, then go write it, then deal with GPL licensing issues (by taking GPL strictly, you can't include GPL code in fb2k components, because all components are linked to fb2k SDK which uses different license).

hi
thanks for you component
you know foobar could use imgburn (it's the best burn engine around)

it 's enough a cue and imgburn have lots of command line

Reply #59
That part about GPL is nonsense, cdrdao is an executable, calling an executable isn't considered derivative work.

Considering the plugin isn't working with newer versions of Nero (and who would install that bloated crap anyway), it is a good time to write a new burning plugin. Using ImgBurn is a good idea, the plugin would only have to convert the files to WAV and create a CUEsheet, then call ImgBurn with the CUEsheet as its parameter. Now we only need a programmer, that's bored enough to find this task interesting (any volunteers?).

Reply #60
I've started writing for myself a few weeks ago a component that burns using cuesheets and ImgBurn. Since I don't have much time, it will be very basic (no converting to wav, no preferences, etc.). If some people are interested, I should share it when I've finished correcting some remaining bugs.

And if someone is planning to write one, please tell it so I can stop this nightmare (god, I hate C++ )

Reply #61
foo_burninate v3.0 no longer requires Nero:

Version 3.0 highlights: No longer requires Nero to be installed. CD-TEXT support is currently missing.

Audio CD Writer v3.0.1 (2009-06-27) can be downloaded at foobar2000 Download and Optional Components.

Reply #62
Well, while it writes, it doesn't give you an awful lot of options..... most notably writing speed - I much prefer to do it slowly just to be on the safe side, but burninate always burns it as fast as possible (or judging by the sound my writer makes anyway).

Any hopes of another update to recitfy this at some point?  Pleeeeeeaassseeee.

Reply #63
so when will CD-TEXT support available ???