Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: BluRay drive that can overread? (Read 4494 times) previous topic - next topic

BluRay drive that can overread?

Has there ever been any BluRay drives that have the ability to read into the lead in/out of a audio CD? I was considering picking up a CD/DVD RW drive like an older used Plextor PX-755SA but if there is any BluRay drives that can do that then I would much rather go that rout (current PC case is compact and only has 1 5.25 bay). Ripping speed isn't really a concern, I know most really arent that fast compared to the dedicated CD/DVD drives.

Any info on this would be really appreciated!

Reply #1
If you're talking about ripping those tracks hidden in the pre-gap, I have an HP Blu-Ray burner that has no trouble with them.

Reply #2
Overreading into lead-in/lead-out is not the same as ripping hidden track 1 audio (HTOA), and the two need not correlate.

Reply #4
I have a Pioneer BDR-203 that has no problems with HTOA also, I just curious if there were any BluRay drives in existence with the ability to read into the lead in/lead out.

Reply #5
Same here. I'm also looking for a new BluRay burner that is good at DAE. It's a shame that daefeatures.co.uk doesn't seem to get updated anymore.

The perfect drive would be one that:
  • supports Accurate Stream;
  • does not cache audio;
  • actually reports C2 error;
  • can read HTOA;
  • can read into lead-in/lead-out;

Strangely, the last known best drive (on paper), according to daefeatures.co.uk, is the LITE-ON iHAP422-98, as it has all of the characteristics mentioned above.