Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request] Link FB2K volume to system volume (should be simple?) (Read 1346 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request] Link FB2K volume to system volume (should be simple?)

I think this should be relatively simple to implement, and I believe it may have been in the past as a plugin for FB2K 0.8x... but not under 0.9x.

What I'm looking for is simply a plugin that can replace FB2K's "preamp" volume control with just the system volume control. I always have FB2K's volume maxed, and use the keyboard volume keys to turn the system volume up and down... it just works quite nicely.

Well, I just started using foo_httpcontrol and it has a dropdown to select the volume level and change it remotely... which is real nice, but counterproductive on my living room server!

My living room server is super-ultra-multi-purpose. It takes the line-out from the TV and routes it to the speakers, and plays music through the same. Since the TV is fixed-volume, I need to change the server's volume to turn the speaker volume up or down. When FB2K's volume requires that the OS volume be at maximum all the time, well... I get problems!

I'd much rather that FB2K's volume change Windows' volume directly instead of just messing with the gain on the playback... does such a plugin exist? If not, how would I go about writing one, or is anyone else interested? I do have some coding experience...