Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools: FLAC Image to MP3: LAME gives error code 1 when using VBR (Read 10086 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools: FLAC Image to MP3: LAME gives error code 1 when using VBR

Hi

I try to use CUETool to split a flac image and encode the resulting tracks to mp3 (using the mp3 vbr preset), but when I do I get the following error:

"....\lame.exe returned error code 1"

does anyone know what error 1 means? and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

In case it matters I found out that encoding in a CBR mode (using the same external lame.exe) does not cause the error, so obviously the problem is not in the executable.

CUETools: FLAC Image to MP3: LAME gives error code 1 when using VBR

Reply #1
Error code 1 usually isn’t much more informative than ‘Something went wrong’.

In case it matters I found out that encoding in a CBR mode (using the same external lame.exe) does not cause the error, so obviously the problem is not in the executable.
Well, posting the settings you’re trying to use for VBR encoding would be useful, as that suggests the problem lies therein.

Re: CUETools: FLAC Image to MP3: LAME gives error code 1 when using VBR

Reply #2
Well, I have the same problem, but with CBR encoding.

Reply #3
Well, I have the same problem, but with CBR encoding.

Like the op you're going to have to provide the settings you used or else no one can help you.

Reply #4
The settings for encoder are in the attachment.

Reply #5
You're missing some needed parameters. The original is:
Code: [Select]
-m s -q 0 -b %M --noreplaygain - %O
'- %O' is needed to pass the audio and '-b %M' is needed to use the mode slider.  (If you always want to use the same bit-rate you could bypass modes and just use '-b 320')
http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Advanced_Settings:_Encoders
http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/lame/USAGE
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Joint_stereo
korth

Reply #6
It works.
But does not write a log, like after regular CD extraction. Is there an option to do so? In eac style? With trst crc, copy crc, etc?

Is there a way to bypass the program to consider the wave+cue files as if it was a virtual drive/mounted image? Because the image+cue I want to rip is unmountable, because it has indexes exceeding 90 minutes and eac refuses to cooperate.

Reply #7
CUETools (cuetools.exe) doesn't write an extraction log.

For the rest, you should probably start a new topic.
korth

Reply #8
I think he should start create a thread with 7 pages of nonsense defending his misapprehensions about joint-stereo. ;)

Reply #9
I think he should start create a thread with 7 pages of nonsense defending his misapprehensions about joint-stereo. ;)

+1.   The problem is also due to this long time controversial -ms switch..  I mean just get rid of it or map it to -mj

Reply #10
Never shal I abandon the glorious true stereo encoding and switch to mid-side. CD isn't encoded in mid side. Maybe you'd even tell me to switch to vbr?

Reply #11
Your getting the worst of everything: No cross channel correlations / no mid-side, lossy, fixed rate cbr. 

"People who are using -ms with the --alt-presets are really wasting their time and missing the point.  Sorry to say, but you WILL get lower quality this way."

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,1851.msg17879.html#msg17879

Reply #12
I could even compress to mono 64kbps, everybody has their own method of compression, I don't bug people who use ape, or wv to convert to flac, or 64 bit signed ambisonic PCM.

Heck, I'm even going to record the album to a DAT and play it in DDS internal drive.

Reply #14
Troll. (IMHO)