Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AccurteRip won't accept key disks (Read 1351 times) previous topic - next topic

AccurteRip won't accept key disks

On many PCs I have configured AccurateRip and most of the time the disk that happened to be in the drive was suitable for a key disk.

However with my new PC with drive HL-DT-STBDDVDRW CH12NS30 1.02, I cannot seem to find a disk that will work, I have tried many of the disks listed at http://www.accuraterip.com/keydiscs.htm

There was a disk I was convinced I had used in the past, but until now I couldn't find it to try.  However I have now found it it is Queens of The Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf.  When I happened to buy a special release that contained previously unreleased tracks, the disk with Songs For the Deaf matched the one I bought originally.

I have tried around 15 disks, from ones that have AAD, to more modern disk and every single one, even if the list showed 3 or more suitable pressings, the disk I used still didn't work.

What am I meant to do?  It seems increasingly unlikely to me that I haven't got a key disk, because I have always in the past been able to find one without even trying.

Peter

Re: AccurteRip won't accept key disks

Reply #1
What ripper are you using?

Re: AccurteRip won't accept key disks

Reply #2
Exact Audio Copy v0.99 Beta 5.

Strange either I didn't get round to it or closed it before the disk was tried, but when I re-ran EAC.exe to check which version I am running, it picked up the Stanley Road by Paul Weller, and is now saying 'congratulations' and it has set stuff up correctly