Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Raw PCM with no headers (Read 6957 times) previous topic - next topic

Raw PCM with no headers

Can I convert audio to raw PCM with no headers with foobar?

Re: Raw PCM with no headers

Reply #1
I don't think foobar itself will do this, but many decoders can output raw PCM, so you can probably configure the transcode tool to do it. 

Reply #2
I know it's possible to configure some encoder settings in foobar but I'm wondering is this possible

Reply #3
I need to get raw PCM files with .bin extension

Reply #4
I know it's possible to configure some encoder settings in foobar but I'm wondering is this possible

Not sure I understand your reply, so I'll just try explaining again.  I don't think foobar2000 can do this directly, but you can probably setup the converter tool to use an encoder that output raw PCM.  I'd look at sox or ffmpeg. 

Reply #5
Thank you. I know foobar can't do this by itself like almost everything but it's possible to do a lot of things by adding stuff and that is what makes it great.
I'm not expert at setting up the converter but I need this!

Reply #6
Can you point me to some instructions on how to use ffmpeg in general and with foobar?

Reply #7
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -formats | grep PCM
to view formats.

Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -f u16le -ar 44100 -ac 2 -i input.raw output.wav
to convert the raw input (as PCM unsigned 16-bit little-endian, 44100 Hz sampling rate, 2 channels) into a wav output file.

The default output format is pcm_s16le. Use the -acodec <format> switch to output in a different format, or -acodec copy to use the same on the output.
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #8
Audacity and GoldWave can both export 'RAW' PCM data.

If you know what you're doing, you can use a hex editor to strip the header out of a WAV file.

Reply #9
Great! Thank you. I don't know how I didn't see that audacity can do this. I'll use audacity for now but still it would be better and faster if I could use foobar for this but it seems to complicated for me unless somebody is willing to explain or point me somewhere I can learn.