Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 243788 times) previous topic - next topic
wez and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #250
Thanks for the great plugin !

I'd like to report a weird behavior : when I put 2 instances of Playlist Organizer's UI, the second uses a different tree (the flat, default one).

A picture is worth a thousand words :

Is that normal ?

Reply #251
Nemo,

I'm having some trouble with plorg/facets (See this post). Speaking with Frank he told me that foo_plorg is the component that's crashing, he'd forward you the info so that you can take a look into the issue. Have you had the chance to look into it? I find both components, facets and foo_plorg quite good ones, so I wouldn't like to have to give up on one.

I have the crash reports that I've sent as requested by Frank, so if you need them just let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

Reply #252
I use Vista with Foobar 1.1.9, tried to install foo-plorg, latest version, but get this message:

"Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."

i also did install

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64), but i still get the same error.

Reply #253
Is there a reason you installed the 64 bit version. Maybe that is the problem

Reply #254
I'm having some trouble with plorg/facets (See this post). Speaking with Frank he told me that foo_plorg is the component that's crashing, he'd forward you the info so that you can take a look into the issue. Have you had the chance to look into it? I find both components, facets and foo_plorg quite good ones, so I wouldn't like to have to give up on one.

I've received the crash reports from Frank and it will be fixed.
Just be patient because I have limited spare time at the moment.

Reply #255
that makes sense.
tried with x86 and it's now working.
thanks.

Is there a reason you installed the 64 bit version. Maybe that is the problem

Reply #256

I've received the crash reports from Frank and it will be fixed.
Just be patient because I have limited spare time at the moment.

Thanks, Nemo. Didn't mean to bother. Just let me know if there's any way in which I can collaborate.

Regards,

Alberto

Reply #257
Thanks for the great plugin !

I'd like to report a weird behavior : when I put 2 instances of Playlist Organizer's UI, the second uses a different tree (the flat, default one).

A picture is worth a thousand words :

Is that normal ?

NEMO7538, you didnt tell me if this behaviour is considered normal, or a bug. As for me, I'd love to have the trees syncronized in the several instances of the playlist organizer UI element.

Reply #258
It is a feature! Why would you open two instances with exactly the same treeview?

Reply #259
It is a feature! Why would you open two instances with exactly the same treeview?

Because actually in my case, the higher pane is much taller than the lower. It's the place where, through tabs, I browse my library and my playlists. Now sometimes, I want to see both my library (in a tall pane) and my playlists. To this puprpose, I re-added a Playlist Organizer instance in the lower pane. That's why.

If it's a feature, then I hereby make a feature request of beaing to sync 2 instances of PLO.

Reply #260
Are you too lazy to do the same work a second time?

Reply #261
Thanks for this component, I have come to use it as my only playlist tool, since it integrates seamlessly into my whole layout and has all features I could wish for.

One question about the looks: Is it somehow possible to exchange the icon indicator for folders (the little black triangle)? I have looked around but couldn't find a hint. If not, it is no big deal really; I'm just using a very dark layout and wanted to exchange those bits for something more visible. (I'm using CUI on latest foobar).

Reply #262
Is there any way to add the vertical padding between items and changing the font size?

Reply #263
I'm having the same problem as Jac74, except I don't use foo_facets. I'm not sure what causes it, but after a while, the graphical elements of my HUD remain stuck, as if the program crashes, but I can still change songs and press buttons and whatnot, even though the interface won't update according to my changes. Perhaps this is the fault of another plugin, though. Below is a list of my currently installed plugins. Anyone spot known crashware?

Code: [Select]
Core (2011-09-14 09:11:28 UTC)
foobar2000 core 1.1.8
foo_albumlist.dll (2011-09-14 09:09:52 UTC)
Album List 4.5
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2010-06-04 13:27:04 UTC)
Audioscrobbler 1.4.7
foo_cdda.dll (2011-09-14 09:09:40 UTC)
CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2011-09-14 09:09:32 UTC)
Converter 1.5
foo_customdb.dll (2010-03-04 17:10:54 UTC)
Custom Database 0.1.0_beta1
foo_dop.dll (2011-06-12 21:17:16 UTC)
iPod manager 0.6.9.6
foo_dsp_std.dll (2011-09-14 09:10:12 UTC)
Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_freedb2.dll (2011-09-14 09:08:22 UTC)
freedb Tagger 0.6.4
foo_input_std.dll (2011-09-20 17:21:14 UTC)
Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_lnk.dll (2011-11-01 21:02:54 UTC)
Shell Link Resolver 1.3.1
foo_playcount.dll (2011-11-01 21:02:54 UTC)
Playback Statistics 3.0.2
foo_plorg.dll (2011-05-05 23:03:00 UTC)
Playlist Organizer 2.4
foo_rating.dll (2007-02-28 06:52:46 UTC)
Foo_Rating BETA 2.1
foo_rgscan.dll (2011-09-14 09:09:32 UTC)
ReplayGain Scanner 2.1.2
foo_softplaylists.dll (2011-02-05 08:04:50 UTC)
Soft Playlists 2011-02-05
foo_ui_columns.dll (2011-02-27 20:22:58 UTC)
Columns UI 0.3.8.8
foo_ui_panels.dll
foo_ui_std.dll (2011-09-14 09:09:46 UTC)
Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_lyrics3.dll (2011-11-29 19:53:37 UTC)
Lyric Show Panel 3 0.2
foo_uie_panel_splitter.dll (2009-12-10 04:16:12 UTC)
Panel Stack Splitter 0.3.8.3(alpha)
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll (2007-05-18 19:31:10 UTC)
Quick Search Toolbar 2.8l
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll (2011-08-06 04:54:54 UTC)
WSH Panel Mod 1.4.4
foo_unpack.dll (2011-09-14 09:09:06 UTC)
ZIP/GZIP/RAR Reader 1.6
foo_wave_seekbar.dll (2011-11-01 21:02:54 UTC)
Waveform seekbar 0.2.14
foo_winamp_spam.dll (2010-08-08 01:32:58 UTC)
Winamp API Emulator 0.98

Thanks. <3

Reply #265
Can you make it so that when you click on the root folder it displays all the songs within the playlists of that folder?

Thanks,
tmac

Reply #266
How should that be possible at all? The playlistorg component is a playlistswitcher: you can organize your playlists inside a tree structure and switch between them. What you wishes is kind of paradox: you have a folder but wishes it to be a playlist. To say it in other words: your folder also had to be a real playlist visible in other playlist switchers - but then it is a playlist and not a folder.

Nevertheless, your desired feature although not possible as playlist switcher is realizable as library viewer: you could try the playlist tree mod component of fbuser.

Reply #267
Honestly, have a little imagination. My desired function is present in itunes, so I figured it might be possible with foobar.

I have no coding experience. So I'm dead in the water trying to do this myself, which is why I versed my request on the discussion board.

Thanks

Reply #268
Any chance of option for custom indentation? It uses too much space.

Reply #269
is there anyway to make the current playlist that is playing bold instead of having a rectangle around it?

Reply #270
Any progress regarding to plorg/facets compability fix yet? I'm really liking both of the plugins, just too bad they won't work together too well.

Reply #271
Any progress regarding to plorg/facets compability fix yet? I'm really liking both of the plugins, just too bad they won't work together too well.

Can you provide more information? Thanks

Reply #272
Hello Nemo,

I have the same problem as laite in post #79.

QUOTE (NEMO7538 @ May 22 2010, 20:06)
Do you have any message in the console?

Actually, it seems so. When starting foobar there is this:

Playlist Organizer: Error (Playlist [0-] unfound or name does not match) reading configuration
Playlist Organizer: Unmatched number of playlists while reading configuration
Playlist Organizer: Unfound tree configuration, trying to retrieve from last known configuration
Playlist Organizer: Reinitializing Treeview

Today I took some time to redo my foobar layout from the scratch and I discovered when this failure occurs.
I have a albumlist panel in my layout. When activating the filter to be able to quickly search in the albumlist I get the mentioned failure when starting foobar the next time. Unchecking the filter and restarting foobar solves the problem again.

Do you have any idea what is causing this behaviour?

I can provide a simple configuration for analysis if required.

Thanks and cheers!

Reply #273
Can you provide more information? Thanks
Oh, sorry. I thought it would be the same issue than mentioned by Jac74 and Frank, but perhaps it's a bit different after I read those comments again, although could be still related to that.

At any rate, the crash occurs in a following way. I'm playing music and then using facets to search and filter artists/albums/tracks. When I'm trying to add files to the playlist ("Send to selection playlist" or "Send to current playlist"), foobar immediately hangs after double-clicking/middle-clicking selection - current track keeps playing to the end but foobar is completely unresponsible to any action. So this occurs when a track is currently playing or paused; if there is no track playing, selection will be added to the playlist normally.

I didn't know which component was causing the crash at first, so I uninstalled all components until eventually finding out it was happening when both the playlist organizer and facets were installed.

For some reason couldn't replicate the problem when I tried a portable installation with both of the components installed and my basic interface being installed. However, I didn't however my full music library (which is quite big) to portable installation monitoring, only couple of folders, in case it would have any effect.

Reply #274
Thanks .... I'll have a look and hopefully provide a fix, but please be patient. I don't have much spare time atm.