Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_menu_addons (Read 165258 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_menu_addons

Reply #150
I wrote a plain text configuration file could help finding the cause of the problem. Thats all I wrote.

Yes, and I merely pointed out that the problem at hand is related to a runtime DLL and has nothing to do with the foobar2000 configuration, so looking there would be a waste of time.  I think the text of this Windows error message is confusing for end-users.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #151
I wrote a plain text configuration file could help finding the cause of the problem. Thats all I wrote.

Yes, and I merely pointed out that the problem at hand is related to a runtime DLL and has nothing to do with the foobar2000 configuration, so looking there would be a waste of time.
IBTD, because a plain text configuration file would have helped me realising the cause of this problem is not the configuration file itself. Whereas with a closed configuration file (and no help by you  ) I could still be on the wrong route. I think you see my point. My opinion still is, a binary configuration file (even with a checksum!) was a wrong decision. Whereas in all other "good projects" text configuration files are recognized as being good practise.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #152
Hello Acropolis! 

The cloning of main menu in context menu is really a mess: too much commands are not in the right place but cluttered.

Beside of that there are two points because i don't like that new feature: firstly the list of commands wich are to add to context menu is now bloated with all the main menu commands and therefore the overview became very bad. Another issue is that although i removed the "main menu" group (because i don't need main menu in context menu) that group appears again and again when new main menu items are created.

Why don't you reduce that feature to just one command "main menu" in command list without opportunity to edit the content?

foo_menu_addons

Reply #153
The cloning of main menu in context menu is really a mess: too much commands are not in the right place but cluttered.

not in the right place? I don't see it.
I have already added the menu separator and sort the items as close as the real main menu as possible.
please tell me which items are not in the right place (ideally, the ones come with foobar natively).

Beside of that there are two points because i don't like that new feature: firstly the list of commands wich are to add to context menu is now bloated with all the main menu commands and therefore the overview became very bad. Another issue is that although i removed the "main menu" group (because i don't need main menu in context menu) that group appears again and again when new main menu items are created.

how bad is the overview? the items are all in the Main Menu group, and you can remove the group in the context menu preference.
besides, how often will you have the newly added main menu items so that the the removed group will be shown again?

Why don't you reduce that feature to just one command "main menu" in command list without opportunity to edit the content?

I don't know what you are talking about, but obviously, you can remove the unwanted items in the context menu preference.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #154
besides, how often will you have the newly added main menu items so that the the removed group will be shown again?

Each time a new playlist is created i get the main menu entries of "start up playlist"
I don't know what you are talking about, but obviously, you can remove the unwanted items in the context menu preference.

Let me explain me what i mean with an example of the database search plugin wich includes all the "search for same" commands in context menu: If you want them to be placed in context menu you don't add them seperataly - you just can add the item "search for same" wich then contains all the commands.
please tell me which items are not in the right place

As soon as i am at home i will take a look.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #155
Hi Acropolis,

I cannot get foo_menu_addons and foo_input_mslive running in Vista Business. I have installed the vc9 redist. and the libmmd.dll is in fb2k directory. Have you seen those components running in Vista?

[foobar2000 says "invalid side-by-side configuration]
Failed to load DLL: foo_input_mslive.dll, reason: Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, da die Side-by-Side-Konfiguration ungültig ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Anwendungsereignisprotokoll. 
Failed to load DLL: foo_menu_addons.dll, reason: Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, da die Side-by-Side-Konfiguration ungültig ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Anwendungsereignisprotokoll.

[eventvwr.exe, something about activation context and "dependent assembling"]
Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        SideBySide
Datum:        27.01.2008 16:37:49
Ereignis-ID:  33
Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
Ebene:        Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend
Computer:      Minna
Beschreibung:
Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components\foo_menu_addons.dll". Die abhängige Assemblierung "Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe".
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

foo_menu_addons

Reply #156
Is that German? I don't know this language but 8.0.50727.762 is the VC2005 SP1 version, you should try to install that redist too.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #157
The problem disappeared. Don't know why. What I did was: At least one restart, also installation of www.heidi.ie/eraser/ and MS Virtual PC 2007.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #158
It seems the site for this is down, does anyone have a copy I can snag? Thanks!