Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cue inside mp3 (Read 2932 times) previous topic - next topic

cue inside mp3

like in topic. i found such mp3, and cant use its cue in foobar. i installed mp3cue plugin for winamp and tried if it works (in winamp). works fine. where can i get from similar plugin but for foobar ? does it exist ? whatever, how can i see tracks ?

cue inside mp3

Reply #1
Hmh, what do you mean by "cue inside the mp3"? Do you have an actual cue sheet in the same folder as the mp3 or do you mean that the cuesheet is added to the actual mp3 as some sort of tag?

From what I can tell from the mp3cue plugin site it also only supports external cuesheets.

So if you have the .cue file simply open it in foobar2000 and it should load just fine. Cuesheet support in foobar2000 is native.

FB2K does support internal cuesheets only with some formats: Mainly all the lossless ones and with anything that is wrapped in an mp4 container through native mp4 chapter support (not technically a cue sheet, but you can import one to convert it to mp4 chapters). MP3 natively (not wrapped in mp4) does not support internal cuesheets mainly du to slow seeking issues.

cue inside mp3

Reply #2
mp3cue can embed the cuesheet in the MP3, so I guess it must be embedded.
I'm on a horse.

cue inside mp3

Reply #3
yup

cue inside mp3

Reply #4
ok. That means then basically no. FB2K is not able to make use of this cuesheet.

The only thing you could try to do then is to somehow try to extract the cuesheet (now I hope mp3cue can do that as well) and wrap the file into an mp4 container with chapters.

Note: This will only work in 0.9 beta and not 0.83

cue inside mp3

Reply #5
wrap the file into an mp4 container with chapters.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329988"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

how to do that ?

(but afterall i will propably extract the cue and use it as with lossless)