Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Would like to change %album artist% to %artist% (Read 1254 times) previous topic - next topic

Would like to change %album artist% to %artist%

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place or not but here goes.

I am using Silent Night V.6 by Arnie77, basically all my music uses %artist% to display the artists name, now the problem is this config uses %album artist% which is an issue for compilation albums as all it shows is "Various Artists". Is any one familiar with this config? Who could tell me how to change to %artist% instead of %album artist%

I looked around the NG playlist and ELplaylist but can not find any reference to the sorting of tags/names.

Reply #1
Nope, I'm not familiar with this skin, but I gave it a quick look. Here's what you might try.
  • Enter Ctrl+P (Opens Preferences dialog)
  • Choose Columns UI + Playlist view (on the left)
  • Choose Columns tab (on the right)
  • Choose Artist in the Column scroll list
  • In Column details to the right choose Scripts tab + Display tab below.
The Display tab should show this:

Code: [Select]
$if(%_isplaying%,
$rgb(178,131,87)[%album artist%],
$rgb(120,120,120)[%album artist%]
)

$if(%album artist%,
$rgb(178,131,87)[%dummy%],$rgb(120,120,120)[%directory%])

Change [%album artist%] to [%artist%] (x2) and %album artist% to %artist% (x1), like this:

Code: [Select]
$if(%_isplaying%,
$rgb(178,131,87)[%artist%],
$rgb(120,120,120)[%artist%]
)

$if(%artist%,
$rgb(178,131,87)[%dummy%],$rgb(120,120,120)[%directory%])

Hit OK.
In the upper pane (Media Library) choose Various Artists, in the lower pane (Playlist view) you now have Artists in the column.

HTH

It's a bit more tricky (but it can of course be done) to change Album Artist to Artist above the seekbar at the top, if you aren't familiar with the WSH Panel Mod. I'll try to guide you, if you are interested?

Edit: I can't guarantee that you won't experience some odd behaviour because of the above change. As noted, I only gave the skin a quick look.

Reply #2
Seems just doing the edit for the columns UI did the trick. thank you so much.