Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Current bests for accurate ripping, flexible encoding, tagging, etc.? (Read 10904 times) previous topic - next topic

Current bests for accurate ripping, flexible encoding, tagging, etc.?

Reply #25
I've used this drive to also re-rip discs that don't jive in EAC, yet it does jive with dBpa and CUETools. And, at the same time, AR results are all over the place...even with rips that got two thumbs up with the last two programs. The same thing, interestingly, happened with my original drive which has no C2.

Looks like you haven't configured offset.

Now when all three rips have matching CRC's, have no errors, sound totally fine, yet have AR results that are all over the place, how can one say that rips are fine just because AR says they are?

Make up your mind now. Does AR say your results are fine, or are their results all over the place?

Reply #26
I should probably know better than swallowing hook, line and sinker from someone who attempts turning this into a mudwrestling-orgy. But for what it is worth, in case new readers are browsing this thread: the last few years' discussions on secure ripping, AccurateRip and AR-enabled rippers do certainly not expose Greynol as a Spoon fanboy. Seriously. Do a search.

(The obvious counter would then be accusing myself of being a Greynol fanboy. Oh well.)

Reply #27
I'm playing with dBpoweramp.  Am I correct that Image + CUE sheet is in the beta stage at this time?  That is my preferred ripping method as I have CDs with hidden tracks in the pregap.

Reply #28
I'm playing with dBpoweramp.  Am I correct that Image + CUE sheet is in the beta stage at this time?  That is my preferred ripping method as I have CDs with hidden tracks in the pregap.

yes

Reply #29

That is beta in dBpoweramp, yes. However, track 01 index 00  pregap bonus tracks, are ripped by dBpoweramp to track 0 with the title «Hidden First Track (ability to rip depends on CD drive)» -- if your drive can read them.

There are cases where bonus tracks are hidden in the pregap of other tracks than the first (then in a normal CD player they would be played if you leave the CD on, but not if you jump to that track) -- in that case I know no other way than using cuesheet to distinguish it.

Reply #30
[...] EAC using Secure Mode on the high error-correction setting...something even Andre (the developer) doesn't even recommend.

Link please!  I've been an extremely active member over at the official support forum for EAC and have followed many many discussions in which Andre Wiethoff has participated and don't recall reading this. Furthermore the FAQ on the official website touts that the program is capable of reading data over 80 times, hardly supporting such an assertion.

Drives with caches? Also a total joke. The bad experience I had with them caused me to ditch my old drive for a new one without that in the mix (Never been happier  )
Not a joke with dBpa.  Not seeing anything about C2 pointers here.

Reply #31
and have been manipulating it to check against alternate pressings years before TripleFlac! which actually was the first widely available software to do the job

And you didn't publish the mod and link to it in your signature for the rest of us? Where is the 'smackbottom' smiley?