Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How would I go about copying a playlist and mantaining its folder structure? (Read 1323 times) previous topic - next topic

How would I go about copying a playlist and mantaining its folder structure?

Let's say I have a "favourites" playlist in Foobar, comprised of songs in "D:\Music\Paramore\Album\(songs)" and "D:\Music\Iron Maiden\Album\(songs)". I want to copy it to my phone, so I make the output folder "D:\Phone music". What's the file name pattern I'd need so that the output is "D:\Phone music\Paramore\Album\[songs in playlist (filenames)]" and "D:\Phone music\Iron Maiden\Album\[songs in playlist (filenames)]"? Talking about this field https://i.imgur.com/lqdJ2z9.png. To clarify, I have no use for the default %artist%/%album%/%filename% or stuff like that because that creates new folders using the songs' metadata, I need the original folder structure copied.

Re: How would I go about copying a playlist and mantaining its folder structure?

Reply #1
Easiest is to use %path%, and ignore the double suffixes.

You won't get "D:\Phone music", but since all you want is to copy it to phone, you don't even have to change it manually afterwards.

Re: How would I go about copying a playlist and mantaining its folder structure?

Reply #2
Easiest is to use %path%, and ignore the double suffixes.

You won't get "D:\Phone music", but since all you want is to copy it to phone, you don't even have to change it manually afterwards.

Oh TRUE, thanks man, I'll just do that. I gotta get around to actually reading the Foobar wiki someday.