Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [feature suggestion] Additional custom tabs in the properties dialog (Read 889 times) previous topic - next topic

[feature suggestion] Additional custom tabs in the properties dialog

I have no idea how feasible this is with the present foobar2000 architecture, but something I would find very useful is the possibility to group standard fields by category and show each category in separate tabs in the properties window. Since I started using foobar, the list of my standard fields has become pretty long and the suggested feature would greatly improve readability and editing of the tags.
I'm late

Re: [feature suggestion] Additional custom tabs in the properties dialog

Reply #1
Might not be exactly what you want, but you can customize File/Preferences/Advanced/Display/Properties dialog/Standard fields. Adding "; = ;" between or at the end of your usual tags essentially creates a separator (empty line) in your Properties window. All the tags you define there will show up exactly in order and according to your formatting as well, while all unknown tags will be at the bottom enclosed as <TAGS>.

Reply #2
Might not be exactly what you want...
It is actually very close! I didn't know about this trick, thanks a lot.
I'm late

Reply #3
Daeron, is there a way to insert more than one empty row? I trusted I could just repeat that syntax as many times as needed, but only the first one works, the following are ignored.
I'm late

Reply #4
I trusted I could just repeat that syntax as many times as needed, but only the first one works, the following are ignored.
Sorry for the stupid question, I didn't realize that "; = ;" is not a special expression, but the standard syntax for renaming custom fields, therefore I's trying to rename twice the same custom field. I solved the issue by adding a new custom field for each separator (e.g. "; =separator1; =separator2;")

Rephrasing my initial feature suggestion: rather than additional custom tabs, I would settle for the option to add separator lines with a blue title, in a similar fashion as in the details tab. 

I'm late