Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_np_simple - Anyone interested in reviving this component? (Read 616 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_np_simple - Anyone interested in reviving this component?

This lost component (foo_np_simple) is no longer compatible with foobar. If one tries to use it, foobar reports "Failed to load DLL: foo_np_simple.dll Reason: Not a valid Win32 application."

I was interested in using this component to write the Artist Name and Song Title to a text file for OBS to place on top of MilkDrop3 visualizations for going to a projector. This is what the foo_np_simple component was designed to do. I have a need to do this, since now that MilkDrop3 is a standalone application, you can no longer send this information direct to the visualization as you could with MilkDrop2, which had a tighter integration with foobar.

Now, the title of my post is "Anyone interested in reviving this component?" I am not a software programmer. If I were, I would probably tackle the job myself. But, I am not. So, therefore my question.

I can offer that the software elements that go into the production of this component "apparently" still exist at
https://github.com/skipyrich/foobar2000_plugins

There also exists a description of how the component was used at
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/now-playing-indicator-with-foobar2000-and-now-playing-simple.676/

Anyway, I'm throwing that out there to see if there is any interest. It seems like a small component, and I assume it would not take much effort to revive it to make it compatible with foobar 2.0.

Thanks for considering,
John Artus

Re: foo_np_simple - Anyone interested in reviving this component?

Reply #2
@sveakul

Oops! Mud on my face!

Thanks for prompt reply. Tried to check existing components, but somehow missed that.

Many thanks for responding.
Cheers,
John Artus