Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How To Enable Playlist Tabs (Read 1220 times) previous topic - next topic

How To Enable Playlist Tabs

Hello all,
I have used Foobar2000 for years on my tower system. I have now installed it on my new laptop, and I want it to work just like my old tower. The issue I have is it does not show the playlist tabs. I am used to using the tabs in order to select the top playlists I wish to listen to while I work.

I have searched high and low, compared all the settings between both systems, and I cannot find a way to get the tabs. Can anyone help lead me to my solution?

Thanks in advance,
MichaelLee

Re: How To Enable Playlist Tabs

Reply #1
Hi there,

If you still have access to your old system, you could just export your old theme and import it to the new install. That way, with the same components also installed, it will be exactly the same. The methods depend which UI you are using - Default UI or Columns UI?

On DUI, have a look at Preferences > Display > Default User Interface. Use the 'Export Theme' button to save a FTH file, copy it to your new computer and 'Import Theme' on same page.

(On CUI, same type of thing, Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Main tab > Import / Export buttons for FCL file)

Otherwise to actually edit your layout on DUI, you can View menu > Layout > Enable Layout Editing Mode. With this on, right-click in your layout to add or replace elements. You can also use View menu > Layout > Create Scratchbox to design a layout from scratch, and copy over elements from the current layout, all by right-click. Here is a video. (Remember to turn off Layout Editing Mode when finished)

(On CUI, you add 'Playlist Tabs' panel in Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Layout, by right-click in the tree. A little more complicated...)

Cheers