Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 and Masstagging of WavPack Hybrid (Read 2759 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 and Masstagging of WavPack Hybrid

I currently use foobar2000 v0.8.3, so if this is corrected in the newer version, let me know; I will be updating following an upcoming event.

I'm experimenting with WavPack's hybrid lossless encoding, which produces two files for a single track, both of which are required for lossless playback. The primary file is a lossy representation of the track, and is the file which is processed (renamed, moved, etc.) by Masstagger. However, the secondary file, commonly called the "correction" file, needs to be in the same directory and be named identical to the primary file in order to be recognized by the decoder. Since the Masstagger processes only the primary file, once it is renamed or moved, the lossy representation of the track is played back unless manual moving and/or renaming is then done to correction file.

Is this in any way correctable?
Project Leader of DDResampled