Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [REQUEST] Album Info Panel (Read 3163 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQUEST] Album Info Panel

I am big into downloading concerts, primarily Dave matthews band concerts and therefore my database is a rather large organization of DMB shows. i am not sure who is familiar with downloading shows so i will briefly explain what the files look like when i donwload them. there is of course the music files, one per track, usually .SHN or .FLAC. then of course tehre is the MD5 checksum. lastly there is a text file with the setlist and taping information. i was just wondering if it would be at all possible to incorporate a panel, for .9 OR .8.3 that would open up the text file in the directory for the show i am listening to and display it in foobar, sort of like a track info panel. thanks a lot
-jake

Reply #1
Shouldn't be too tricky, Trader's Friend can already be used to open the file, that code could be modified to display in a panel simply enough I would guess (or maybe something like this exists already? I remember people discussing it). Although ti doesn't display in a panel, Trader's Friend is probably what you want for now, and it'll even tag your files for you should you want it to.

Reply #2
Yeah, a panel that'll display txt files has been on my wishlist for quite a while now.

Reply #3
Yeah, a panel that'll display txt files has been on my wishlist for quite a while now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316063"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ditto.

i have tons of sets with a tracklist.txt in the same directory.  This has been requested a few times now, but no one with any know how seems to care enough about the idea to do it.