Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official Playback Statistics component (Read 59194 times) previous topic - next topic

Official Playback Statistics component

Reply #25
What is the profit to move to official play_count?
No crashes.

Not only that! The shortly appearing box while writing tag to file which steals the focus is one of the most annoying bugs!

Not to forget: The user have the freedom to decide if the info about playback statistics should be written in file or not.

Reply #26
So if I understand this correctly, all one has to do is rename and transfer (with masstagger) the metadata from the old field names from the unofficial playcount to the new field names of the beta statistics and enable writing of data to file tags from the advanced options, and I will have all the functionality of the unofficial playcount with the new beta statistics.  Does the new beta statistics plugin write the actual data for the play_count and last_played fields in a different format than the unofficial playcount?

Reply #27
Not only that! The shortly appearing box while writing tag to file which steals the focus is one of the most annoying bugs!

It seems that increasing file buffering up to something like 1024 kb (in Configuration/Advanced) gets rid of the annoying progress bar.

Reply #28
Can we have %play_count% working in masstagger even if we are writing the stats only to the config file, please?

Thanks.

Reply #30

It seems that increasing file buffering up to something like 1024 kb (in Configuration/Advanced) gets rid of the annoying progress bar.

Thanks for that suggestion. I was having a long pause after one minute but it seems to have stopped since changing the buffer length
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Reply #31
Can anyone explain what format LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP is? For example 127977078848593750?

Reply #32
walla: The amount of seconds since January 1st 1970 00:00.
EDIT: typo

Reply #34
It's possible add to ofifcial plugin next thing - create tag first_played if play_count and play_counter equal zero or not presents  and last_played tag not presents?

Without tag "first_played"  statistics monitoring  is useless!

Reply #36
Is it possible to save in a dedicated statistics file?

Like statistics.txt in foobar directory (or User/home directory).

And will it be possible to add  a field fore every time playing a song fore better statistick. That would open fore viewing "hot" songs and diagrams over a specified month.

Thanks fore all the wonderfull work with foobar.

Sorry fore the bad english.

Reply #38
Hello everybody,

I have found a bug. You can see the result in the screenshot.
Screenshot
First I blamed foo_sic for the doubled tags as it happens right after computing the fingerprint but after removing one plugin after the other I found out it is only playcounts' fault.
Using foobar 0.9.3 beta 2 and official playcount 1.2

Does anyone else experience this behaviour?

Reply #39
Hello everybody,

Screenshot
First I blamed foo_sic for the doubled tags as it happens right after computing the fingerprint but after removing one plugin after the other I found out it is only playcounts' fault.
Using foobar 0.9.3 beta 2 and official playcount 1.2

Does anyone else experience this behaviour?

Yes. I have this issue. It also occurs if you use masstagger scripts from the context menu too often. Try it by changing the rating of a song several times.

Reply #40
Well, I tried updating the new play_counnt manually via context menu. The old play_counter tag is REPLACED with a play_count tag. And the field is updates - that is, it does not start from zero.

Am I right??

Also, why is it disrecommended to auto-sync files tags with statistics?? Playcount unofficial used to write tags during playback with no fatal problems, and quite flawless in foobar 0.8.3.

Reply #41

No one mentioned this here..
the official component updated to v1.2.
http://www.foobar2000.org/beta/components.html

Just with the new beta

... maybe change logs are forbidden by some forum rules...

The official page doesn't say much, but
* View your playback stats in Properties, on the General Properties tab, for one or multiple tracks
* No weirdy LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP visible now
stimulating the audio nerve directly

Reply #42
Screenshot

I also have this bug but it only appears with ogg vorbis files (at least, not with mp3 and mpc) when the  component synchronise file tags with tags .
As beto said the bugs also appears when retagging playing ogg vorbis files.
"The double name" bug desappears when the song stops.

So it's seems to be a bug with ogg vorbis tags .

Reply #43
Not that i don't like to official playcount, but could you add an option to select what info you want have to be stored in db/mp3 tag? Some users dont need the first played, some do, so why not let them chose?

And could you let the user chose again if he wants the timestamp or the other format of the last/first played time? I'd rather like to have all tags in the mp3's instead of the db (for the case the db gets lost/damaged/whatver) so that the statistics can be restored. But what shall i do with this wired timestamp, having the 'real life time' format is much easier to handle IMHO.

As you see, and already might know, to let users chose what and where the plugin writes might be a bit better. Perhaps you could add some of these options in further versions. thanks anyways.

(What about a changelog for 1.2 -> 1.3.1? ^^)

Reply #44
Oficial playcount plugin had been updated to version 1.3.1.It now features the %first_played% field
and IMO now it is better than the unoficial one
Get it here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/index.html
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Reply #45
i had a little bit of trouble with it at first, but i got it straightened out. it works great now. i really like how it doesn't have a pop-up window when it updates. my only complaint/request is that i'd like to be able set when the plug-in updates the song.

Reply #46
i had a little bit of trouble with it at first, but i got it straightened out. it works great now. i really like how it doesn't have a pop-up window when it updates. my only complaint/request is that i'd like to be able set when the plug-in updates the song.

that would be nice. as well as updating files that are not in the database. and perhaps some way to syncronize the existing statistics that have been collected over the past 2 years.

also, how is "128002441598125000" usefull to me when i want to know the date and time the last time a track played?

Reply #47
Is there any way to transfer the play_count data between files without writing the data to the file?

For instance if I have a song in mp3 and I re-rip to flac could I transfer the data between them?

Reply #48
Is it possible to retrieve the playback statistics information from another plugin without having the statistics synced with the file tags (without resorting to a titleformatting call)?

Thanks.
There used to be a link to my website here.

Reply #49
Is there any way to transfer the play_count data between files without writing the data to the file?

For instance if I have a song in mp3 and I re-rip to flac could I transfer the data between them?
Anyone???