Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pat and Mat - Gramophone (1981 animation) (Read 4540 times) previous topic - next topic

Pat and Mat - Gramophone (1981 animation)

Reply #1
Classic! I grew up with these two guys. These films can be enjoyed on so many levels, they're great fun for kids, and still perhaps even funnier for grown-ups!

Reply #2
Yes.

I can see their influence in some animation and comics that came later - except it can't be their influence, because I can't find anyone in the UK who has ever heard of them. Shame.

Oh well, the joys of YouTube.

I'm just hoping my son doesn't decide to re-create this cartoon with my records!

Cheers,
David.

Reply #3
I can see their influence in some animation and comics that came later - except it can't be their influence, because I can't find anyone in the UK who has ever heard of them.

I grew up with this in the early 80s, and the first time I saw Wallace And Gromit I thought "the guys that created this surely must have liked 'A je to!' a lot"  I'm sure they did know it, because the inspiration is bloody obvious there.

Reply #4
God yes. They were called "Neighbour & Neighbour here", referring to eachother as such. It was great fun.

Reply #5
Yes, this is a classic from my country.
The series has been used as a fairy tale for children before they go to bed (broadcast around 6:50 pm, before the news).

Reply #6
That is just awesome! Their 'hardcore remixing' just blows my mind.

(Too bad the humor may be lost on younger and future generations who may never experience disc-shaped analog storage media and their intricacies.)