Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3s - 0 kbps? (Read 3288 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3s - 0 kbps?

I am sorting through all of my random MP3s I have downloaded (the mp3s I have personally ripped are in a different directory altogether), and have come across something I don't understand.  For all my random MP3s, I only save 128kbps files, and every file in this directory shows up in Winamp as such.  However, in Windows Explorer, there is the option to sort by bitrate, which I did, just to see if I had any non 128 kbps mp3s.  To my surprise, Windows Explorer is telling me I have several MP3s with 0 kbps.  Any idea why these are labelled like this?  I've even taken a screenshot:

The songs play fine, so I'm guessing this is an error, but I'm curious what's causing this.  As you can see,  I have mp3s from 10 years ago as well as ones from recently.