Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: unable to play certain hls streams in v1.6.4 (Read 957 times) previous topic - next topic

unable to play certain hls streams in v1.6.4

I believe these are AAC hls streams, but whenever I load the m3u8 in foobar they refuse to play. I have suppressed https checks for the website in question and installed the AAC packet decoder, but to no avail.

https://radio-trtnagme.live.trt.com.tr/master_128.m3u8

http://n0f.radiojar.com/9zzam7ksdg8uv.m4a?1613673331=&rj-tok=AAABd7Z2K7oANrzmIdm5Dx-xxw&rj-ttl=5

They play fine in VLC media player, however I really dislike vlcs interface and would much rather play these streams in foobar considering I listen to them a lot. Other hls streams work just fine. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate knowing why these refuse to play. Thank you.

Re: unable to play certain hls streams in v1.6.4

Reply #1
It appears to be AAC-LC, ADTS, and it appears to contain intermittent ID3v2 tags.

Reply #2
It appears to be AAC-LC, ADTS, and it appears to contain intermittent ID3v2 tags.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Is it possible to add *.adts to ffmpeg and enable ID3 v2 to play these streams? Because I have just tried this and it doesn't work.

Reply #3
Like kode54 mentioned the first link shows as AAC and content-type: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl in the header.  Doesn't seem to be sending any metadata at this time.

The second link is sending MP3 with metadata, according to what I see in AIMP and despite the appearence of ".m4a" in the URL:
content-type: audio/mpeg.  Now has tracks from "The Conet Project" collection.  Pretty cool to hear that stuff again from my shortwave radio days.

Reply #4
@6u6d6
For example, these two links can be played in fb2k using Youtube Source.
In the settings, you will need to enable the "Analyze URLs from ..." option.

Thanks for the second link, short wave is really interesting.

Reply #5
@6u6d6
For example, these two links can be played in fb2k using Youtube Source.
In the settings, you will need to enable the "Analyze URLs from ..." option.

Thanks for the second link, short wave is really interesting.

No problem. I shall try that now.

Reply #6
thanks, this works like a charm.

Reply #7
ADTS AAC isn't the problem, ADTS AAC served as "video/MP2T" due to a misconfigured server is.

Edit: Fixed in 1.6.6 beta 7.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.