Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PlexWriter Premium 2 arrives in Europe (Read 31051 times) previous topic - next topic

PlexWriter Premium 2 arrives in Europe

Reply #50
Thanx a lot...

Yes, read time is a bit of a problem but spinning disc up with CD Speed before extracting helps you enormously - around 10x...

so, i get what i want - the proof i have made a good decision...

Reply #51
Anyone know where to buy this unit?

I have been trying to find a reseller in UK who can supply this unit. So far, no-one seems to know about it. Does anyone know where this unit can be purchased (in UK or Europe)? Regards.

Reply #52
Anyone know where to buy this unit?

I have been trying to find a reseller in UK who can supply this unit. So far, no-one seems to know about it. Does anyone know where this unit can be purchased (in UK or Europe)? Regards.

I have been waiting for it too, it does not seem to be available yet in UK, Europe or the USA. It's supposed to be coming out in "June" 2006, but as with most manufacturers' announcements, the scheduled time often seems to precede actual availability in shops by a few months...

I notice that Plextor Japan, Plextor USA etc. have an online shop - how come we don't get a Plextor Store in Europe? 

Hope it shows up soon!

Jonsoft

Reply #53

Can anyone suggest an IDE cable I can use with this drive? My current one is a bit worse for wear to be honest. I'm going to buy a PX-230A and a new IDE cable. I'll treat myself lol ;-)

No problem there my friend, I will craft you an audiophile IDE cable from the purest Brazilian lead, dotted with a little Platinum-Iridium and some of my "extra secret sauce"

Lol. Actually I did find that I had less re-reads when I replaced all my ATA cables by the 80-wire type. Technically, CD-decks should be fine with the 40-wire ones, but a bit of extra noise resilience apparently does no harm  This is also why I would advise against rounded cables. They're more expensive, and many of them allow more crosstalk.

Ofcourse, nothing beats your extra secret sauce...

More on-topic: when will Plextor stop capitalizing on us poor audio/hardware geeks 
I'm sure the rest of the world couldn't care less about this drive, and just gets a dvd-rw to burn their illegal downloads

Reply #54
More on-topic: when will Plextor stop capitalizing on us poor audio/hardware geeks 

I think the capitalization will cease with this drive, actually... the fact that they have no plans to release a USB version of the Premium2, and the fact that (I think) the Plextor Premium was already meant to be the end-of-line flagship model and culmination of all Plextor's knowledge on the subject of CD-RW, together make me think there won't be any more after this.

Of course, there's always Blu-ray to think about  (see Plextor Europe home page).