Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Drag & drop does not work under Wine (Read 3347 times) previous topic - next topic

Drag & drop does not work under Wine

I thought it's a Wine problem, but maybe not as I'm able to use D&D with WinDjView for example
Could this be "fixed" somehow?

Thanks

Reply #1
Which of the four scenarios listed here apply?

Reply #2
Thanks kode54

So WinDjView, VirtualDub... use simpler handler, that's why it worked there
It also turned out that I have outdated wine version (1.2) and after upgrade (1.3) I can tag my new files without hunting with fileopen dialog box

:happy:

Reply #3
For a moment, I was thinking you were referring to OS X, but you did say you had one application running, and it's already available as a native OS X application anyway.

Yeah, under OS X, there is no drag and drop to wine, not even with CrossOver. I believe their words were that implementing it would be "problematic" or something like that.