Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Apple MPEG-4 Audio will not stream Analog (Read 3291 times) previous topic - next topic

Apple MPEG-4 Audio will not stream Analog

I have a bunch of these files that were ripped in iTunes from CD's.

Recently started streaming FLAC files using my OPPO BDP 103D analog direct, no processing by my AVP.

I am getting full HD audio with these.

However, when I stream the Apple files analog using same input they sound horrific, cut-outs, stammering audio, not listenable.

So I don't understand that.  If I stream them via HDMI using the process of the AVP they sound OK.

Can someone explain why this might happen.

And is there a batch Apple MP4 to FLAC file converter?

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 3.27.57 PM.png (91.84 KB)

Re: Apple MPEG-4 Audio will not stream Analog

Reply #1
I don't know what the source of the problem is but for mass conversion I can really recommend XLD. From that page it looks like it's just command line but it has a useful GUI as well. What I often do is get it to transcode a bunch of files and while transcoding (usually from FLAC to aac in my case) I just drag more file to the queue and it will just add them at the end.

Here is its entry in the HA wiki.
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead