Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can the software uncompress the files with song titles as the filename (Read 2813 times) previous topic - next topic

Can the software uncompress the files with song titles as the filename

I have limited experience with FLAC, but have downloaded some live shows in this format.  Using the FLAC Frontend, the files are decompressed with filenames along the lines of artist-date-disc x-trackx.  Is it possible to have the program rename the files with the actual song titles (eg, based on info in the tags)?

Thanks

Reply #1
I'm not sure about the FLAC Frontend, but fb2k has a nice file renamer that can rename based on tags.

Reply #2
I'm not sure about the FLAC Frontend, but fb2k has a nice file renamer that can rename based on tags.

Thanks.  I didn't know what fb2k was (I'm new to this forum) until I just Googled and downloaded it.  Is the renamer built-in or is it a plug-in?

Reply #3
It is a built in ability. Here is a sample/simple way you to rename the files:
\%genre%\%album artist%\%album%\['['%track%'] ']%title%

So if you have the first track of an album called Introduction by Pearl Jam, it would rename the file "[01] Introduction.flac" and move it into the folder "\Rock\Pearl Jam\Live Album\"

Those [] indicate that if the item within it exists, it will put it there. For instance if that didn't have a track number, then it would have named the file: Introduction.flac

Others here have far more sophisticated naming scripts. I am new to this stuff and know nothing of programming.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(